This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alanis does BEP's "My Humps"

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W91sqAs-_-g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W91sqAs-_-g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's Alanis Morissette's version of the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps". I'm digging the convertible in the background. :lol:
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Re: Alanis does BEP's &quot;My Humps&quot;

oh wow
    :crazylegs

Comment

Saw it just a few minutes ago
      Hilarious!
      It shows just how bad song writing has become. Those lyrics make me cringe

Comment

That was awesome. I can't stand that song - go Alanis for making fun of it.
        "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
        - Walt Disney

Comment

That is absolutely hilarious!!!

Comment

I hardly knew this was a parody at first when listening to it. Too classy. I think this wins as best parody of "My Humps", though.

Comment

That's awesome! She officially rocks. That song is so indicative of everything that is wrong with music today. Go Alanis!

But, I have to mention that, oddly, this is the first time that I've ever noticed that Ms. Morissette is in fact quite the babe. And she's got some seriously bodacious "humps" and "lumps" herself.

Wow...

:sweat:

Comment

maybe I missed something, or am adding something that isn't there,

but it seemed very... not funny to me. It seemed quite serious and scathing. Not only does it seem to be a statement of the music scene, but also a statement on current views of femininity and sexuality.

I like it, I just couldn't bring myself to laugh at it.

I guess I don't have a sense of humor after all...
                St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

The humor in it lies in its use of irony. I think that people are so used to humor utilizing slapstick that they've forgotten just how much humor there is in pure irony. She's playing it serious and therefore highlighting just how awful and absurd the song really is. If you like British humor, which uses heaps of irony and dry wit, then you'd laugh at this. I'm sure your sense of humor is just fine. It just didn't jive with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                    The humor in it lies in its use of irony. I think that people are so used to humor utilizing slapstick that they've forgotten just how much humor there is in pure irony. She's playing it serious and therefore highlighting just how awful and absurd the song really is. If you like British humor, which uses heaps of irony and dry wit, then you'd laugh at this. I'm sure your sense of humor is just fine. It just didn't jive with this.
                    That's not what I mean. I see the irony here, but I don't think irony in and of itself is funny, and I don't think that the irony she uses here is funny. It seems very serious and, to be quite frank, horrific. Her version of this song is beyond a simple spoof. It's a bleak showing of what certian aspects of culture has come to.

if it was anyone other than Alanis, I wouldn't go so deep.

I'm a huge fan of British humor, dark humor, subtle humor, and even independent film humor

Irony doesn't have to be used in a funny way. Some of the best horrific moments in literature and film is ironic.
                    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Disturbing and funny!

Disney: true inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
                        maybe I missed something, or am adding something that isn't there,

but it seemed very... not funny to me. It seemed quite serious and scathing. Not only does it seem to be a statement of the music scene, but also a statement on current views of femininity and sexuality.

I like it, I just couldn't bring myself to laugh at it.

I guess I don't have a sense of humor after all...
                        I agree. It isn't a Weird-Al type of parody.
                        If anything, it seems that she is using satire to make fun of the message of the song. Also, she is satirizing the obvious lack of talent required to make such a song and video.
                        So, it's not so much "ha-ha" funny as it is, "This is so easy even I can do it."

And no, Alanis does not have humps or lumps. Relatively speaking. Lots of temporary enhancements in that video. Clever use of padding.

Comment

this made me love alanis more.
                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Isn't it ironic, doncha think?

:lol:
                            Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

I love this!!!
                              She actually makes the song sound pretty!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X