This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Disney Books

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for cool Disney books. Thanks!
    Still wishing for that AP....:blush:

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

Re: Good Disney Books

Any particular subject matter or concentration? There are a TON out there - and some great ones as well. But, my own personal collection is about 8 feet long and I have only scratched the surface.

Comment

I loved Mouse Tales and More Mouse Tales by David Koenig. Also, 101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland by Kevin Yee and Jason Schultz Id love to get my hands on Window on Main Street by Van Arsdale France But, like asked before, what subject on Disneyland?
      Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Comment

Dsiney Treasures & Disney Keepsakes by Robert Tieman.

Both have replicas of old tickets, comics, film cells, movie memorbilla, food ads, stuff from Walt...I love them and I learned a TON reading through them. Plus it's really cool to be able to pull stuff out of the books and hold the items. I think a lot of the stuff Tieman got permission from the Disney archives to replicate as well.
        With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

If you're interested in the attractions, Haunted Mansion From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies, and Pirates of the Carribean From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies are both very comprehensive. They are by Jason Surrell, a Disney Imagineer and prolific writer for Disney. He is coming out with a new one later this year: The Disney Mountains Imagineering at its Peak.

Also, Dave Smith's Disney A to Z and 100 years of Magic are great too!

And, Disneyland the Nickel Tour by David Mumford and Bruce Gordon is an excellent book too.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I have an 8yr old child into Manga. She loves the Series by Disney "Kingdom Hearts" by TokyoPop publishing.

A second in the series is curently running.

These are essentially graphic novellas that are grouped by age ratings.

Comment

Mouse Tales is the best one (in my opinion) out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasticDuck View Post
                Dsiney Treasures & Disney Keepsakes by Robert Tieman.

Both have replicas of old tickets, comics, film cells, movie memorbilla, food ads, stuff from Walt...I love them and I learned a TON reading through them. Plus it's really cool to be able to pull stuff out of the books and hold the items. I think a lot of the stuff Tieman got permission from the Disney archives to replicate as well.
                Tieman actually manages the Disney Archives. His books are always a treat.

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                If you're interested in the attractions, Haunted Mansion From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies, and Pirates of the Carribean From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies are both very comprehensive. They are by Jason Surrell, a Disney Imagineer and prolific writer for Disney. He is coming out with a new one later this year: The Disney Mountains Imagineering at its Peak.
                I bought Surrell's books after seeing him last year on the POTC: DMC premiere webcast. Excellent reads, especially his Pirates book.

If you're looking for a bio on Walt, the best one out there is Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler. It's long, but extremely detailed.
                Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
                  If you're looking for a bio on Walt, the best one out there is Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler. It's long, but extremely detailed.

Agreed!

I have started on The Animated Man but it's not grabbing my attention as much as Gabler's book.
                  "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Are you asking about Fiction or NON-Fiction?

My son is bananas over Peter and the Star Catchers and Peter and the Shadow Thieves. My Daughter loves the Disney Fairies, Beck in particular. The Peter books should be made into movies. They are better stories than Pirates.
                    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous post and Ridley Pearson, author of the aformentioned books, has lots of great info on his future "Peter and the Starcatchers" and his Disney Park related books here

http://www.ridleypearson.com/kids/future.htm

I also found out that he has optioned the rights for "Peter and the Starcatchers" to be made into an animated feature - time will tell on that one.

Comment

gabler's book is the first biography I have ever read that includes detailed business dealings as well as personal info. very very informative and I appreciated that he didn't sugar coat or omit details that don't always show a happy uncle walt. It shows how complicated a man he really was.

Comment

Kingdom Keepers is a really fun read. WDW attraction characters come a life and try to take over the world.
                          Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

I definitely think it'd help if the OP gave a more detailed description you desire.

I would not get The Disneylands That Never Were. You'll get much better information here on MiceChat, and we'll use the proper names.

If you are interested in the history/workings of the international resorts I recommend Once Upon an American Dream: The Story of Euro Disneyland and Riding the Black Ship: Japan and Tokyo Disneyland. Both books are text. Then of course Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality is a must have.

Comment

I read 101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland awhile back and it is pretty good and an easy read. I enjoyed it.

I am currently reading Gablers book ( only been reading it for a few days) and so far it is pretty good and really has my attention.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X