Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox and the Hound DVD: full screen only?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox and the Hound DVD: full screen only?

I was thinking about adding The Fox and the Hound to my Disney DVD collection but noticed that the version that is currently out is in full screen.
    Is the Fox and the Hound only in full screen?

I read that Fox and the Hound was only released in full frame, even in theaters. Is this true?

Re: Fox and the Hound DVD: full screen only?

I remember seeing it in the theater and I think it was full frame old time type movie. I really only liked the first part of the movie when they are kids. After they grew up it got kind of maudlin for me and too predictable. Sort of like Bambi. I love them as little critters, but as grown ups they are not as enchanting. Bambi did the grown up thing better anyway.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

It may be only full-screen at the Disney Store. They pulled that crap with Narnia too. You had to get the wide-screen somewhere besides there.

Haven't heard anyting about F&TH.

Comment

I don't know where my F&TH came from but it wasn't TDS - and it's widescreen, I just checked. Man, that's a bummer!
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I checked the back of every 25th anniversary F&TH package in local stores and so far all I've seen was full screen. There is one comment on Amazon that someone posted saying the movie was theatrically released only in full screen.

I remember seeing it in the theater when it came out but I can't remember if it was full screen or widescreen.

Comment

The correct aspect ratio of Fox and the Houd is 1.66 : 1. I don't own the DVD so I can't say if it's out LBX or not. I'll check our local retailers to see if it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
              The correct aspect ratio of Fox and the Houd is 1.66 : 1. I don't own the DVD so I can't say if it's out LBX or not. I'll check our local retailers to see if it's available.

1.66:1 is definitely not "fullscreen" so yah... you'll be losing some edges if you get that copy.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I took a look at: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/oar.htm
                where is talking about the arious screen formats, and it seems that fullscreen was the original Theatrical release for Fox and the Hound. If it seemed like widescreen in theaters, it says that it was matted.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X