This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big brother controversy

Our BB is in it's fifth week here, and one of the housemates' father has died, and BB has decided NOT to let her know

'Inhumane' Big Brother won't budge on dead father

Thursday May 24 13:00 AEST

By Hal Crawford
    ninemsn
    A decision by the makers of Big Brother to not tell a contestant her father has died has been condemned as inhumane, unethical and psychologically damaging.
    Contestant Emma's father Raymond Cornell died last week and his funeral was held on Monday in Adelaide, but the 24-year-old is still unaware of his death.

RELATED LINKS

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: big brother controversy

:blink:

Wow. That is just awful. She is going to be one unhappy person when she finds out. One, obviously her father is dead and two, it was kept from her! Unbelievable! :thumbdown:
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

That is just awful, truely disgusting to do to someone.
      He have a natural process of grief, and it is highly likely that the decision to keep this from her will cause far more long term harm to her. There is guilt, resentment, fear can be built,
      Our emotions need to be taken care of in a manner that is apropriate to our selves, and frankly I have not met anyone that would rather wait to hear about a death.....Death is never 'convienent' But each person must be allowed to process it...

this is truely disgusting to me, it's cruel and evil.....and all for stinking television rateings.....

and this is a prime example of why I HATE reality TV.

I just can not believe this.
      procrastibating

Comment

That's way too inhumane. Talk about taking a game show too far.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

that is just wrong. at least after 9/11 they told the person in the house what had happened and that was the right thing to do. this is just taking it too far.
          *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

That's sick. That girl is gonna beat herself up forever.
            BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
            October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
            April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
            October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
            December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
            July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
            July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
            July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
            February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
            February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
            TRIP REPORTS

Comment

This is totally wrong. I hope there are SERIOUS repercussions for their actions.
              Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

Comment

but you never know. She knew he was ill, maybe she even let them know ahead of time she didnt want to know.
                MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

I'm not going to jump on the "inhumane" bandwagon yet....

They stated that this was the family's and the father's wish. I'm sure that choosing to respect the family's wishes was a little hard for them to do, especially if they could foresee this kind of backlash. If they were truthful and that was the family's wishes, she only has her family to be upset with, not the producers.

We also don't know the full details of the relationship she had with her father. Sounds like they weren't too close, so we don't know yet if this will be psychologically damaging at all.
                  -Tim

Comment

It's been a weird one this year. Thay have had a professional belly dancer who claims to be Muslim, but wears skimpy clothes and is very opinionated... and they have a Mormom, who spends hours praying. They haven't just had young crazy kids like most years.
                    They had to evict two guys last year because of sexual abuse to a female housemate, so I guess they thought having a quieter group would keep them out of the headlines

http://bigbrother.3mobile.com.au/

Oh, and another thing that happened a couple of weeks ago... one of the challenges was to have those "real baby" dolls that you have to look after 24/7. One of the girls had lost a baby (stillborn at full term) only 8 months before!! The poor thing was distraught

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                    Originally Posted by MWalton
                    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

If it was the family's wish, then they should respect that.

But if they are doing it just for the 'show' then that's not cool.

Comment

What a train wreck.

Another reason I am glad to not view that show.

Comment

I'm with ya there Max

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X