Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

    Variety reports that Chinese censors have cut more than half of the scenes featuring Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. The third installment of the pirate blockbuster will premiere in China on Tuesday.

    China Film originally denied making any cuts, then refused to comment when Beijing News reported that scenes of excessive violence had been trimmed.

    The second movie of the trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest had previously been banned in China for its depiction of cannibalism and ghosts.

    Source: Variety
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

  • #2
    Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

    Originally posted by disneytim View Post
    Variety reports that Chinese censors have cut more than half of the scenes featuring Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. The third installment of the pirate blockbuster will premiere in China on Tuesday.

    China Film originally denied making any cuts, then refused to comment when Beijing News reported that scenes of excessive violence had been trimmed.

    The second movie of the trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest had previously been banned in China for its depiction of cannibalism and ghosts.

    Source: Variety
    Ghosts?!
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

      Ridiculous.

      Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

        This is very surprising considering the huge amount of very graphic violence and ghosts that I've seen in several China-made movies...
        -Tim

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

          Perhaps GOOGLE will strike another deal with China and offer a new service that allows Chinese citizens to watch many more censured films.
          sigpic
          When attractions were original

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

            I did find some of the violence in 3 excessive (girl getting shot in the head) but not so much that half of Sao Feng's scenes would need to be cut.


            Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

            Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

              Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              I did find some of the violence in 3 excessive (girl getting shot in the head) but not so much that half of Sao Feng's scenes would need to be cut.
              I'm guessing they're more offended by a Chinese man being portrayed as a bad guy.
              The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

              On Track for Weight Loss!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

                Stealing Technology - good

                Ghost and Cannibals - Bad


                Seems like Chinese logic.

                Chad

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

                  Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                  I'm guessing they're more offended by a Chinese man being portrayed as a bad guy.
                  Could be. I guess him being Lord of Singapore and a pirate wasn't enough.


                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

                    So are they just censoring and cutting the official copies, or are they censoring and cutting the thousands of black market Pirate's movies too?
                    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

                      Oh those silly Chinese! I think I will stop eating their food because it contains MSG and stop buying their Made In China items because they are cheaply constructed!

















































                      Sounds silly....don't it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

                        Yup. Starting to feel real comfortable posting here.


                        Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                        Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Chow Yun-cut: China Trims POTC 3 for Theatrical Release

                          lol

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X