• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06-12-07 Finding Tony Baxter

grownup geeks' guide podcast

Finding Tony Baxter—Imagineering Adventure
    June 12, 2007

Our coverage of the events surrounding the Grand Opening Celebration of Disneyland’s Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage continues with a podcast interview with one of the lead Imagineers on the Finding Nemo project, legendary Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter, who shares some of the new attraction’s hidden treasures from the classic attraction.

WARNING be advised that this conversation with Tony Baxter contains descriptions of some of the experiences of riding the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage that can be considered either an enhancement or a spoiler to your riding pleasure.

Download or listen to the podcast here >>
    Last edited by Chuck Oberleitner; 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM.

Re: 06-12-07 Finding Tony Baxter

Thank you Chuck, I LOVE your pod casts!!!

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Very nice indeed!
      "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Excellent interview. Tony is a great guy, and always seems so genuinely interested in Disneyland and his attractions.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

That photo from the pre-moustache days was a bit frightening. I'm now thinking it was Tony who tossed out me and my friend from the Big Thunder construction site early one summer morning back in 1978. (She would flirt with the construction workers; I would do the Disney geek thing, checking the progress on the new ride.) I hope this doesn't mean I have to shred my DL Alumni Club membership! :blink:

How was I to know that the tall skinny dude who looked like he just graduated from high school was the Imagineer in charge!!

Hmm... that's probably why he grew the moustache.:lol:
          "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

I love the picture of TB with the incredibly photogenic Disney nerds!
            How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
            :monkey: :monkey:

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
              I love the picture of TB with the incredibly photogenic Disney nerds!
              So do I ... .

Seriously though this is a great interview with Tony Baxter. It is great to hear how it all came together and even more ... to see him in person for the first time.

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.