• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall-E Teaser Trailer!

Apple has a teaser trailer of Disney/Pixar's 2008 Animated Feature "Wall-E"

Enjoy!

www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/medium.html
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Wall-E Teaser Trailer!

Oh cool! I cant wait it looks Interesting!

Comment

So is Pixar's musical department useless without Randy Newman at the helm? I mean, come on..... Evita? Combine that with the non-original music in Ratatouille's trailer and I wonder what is going on in Emeryville. Anyways, as far as trailers go, this one doesn't seam all that amazing. Only about 15 seconds has to do with Wall-E and only 4 of those seconds give any indication at the plot. All we have is the typical use-Toy-Story-and-Nemo-to-promote-the-next-movie for the first 70%, a robot cleaning up the earth (because you know, we humans destroyed it ), some cheesy Evita music, the typical animated-character-wanting-something-more-in-life and an annoying robotic voice saying the name of the title because they don't think we are smart enough to figure it out.
      You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
        So is Pixar's musical department useless without Randy Newman at the helm? I mean, come on..... Evita? Combine that with the non-original music in Ratatouille's trailer and I wonder what is going on in Emeryville. Anyways, as far as trailers go, this one doesn't seam all that amazing. Only about 15 seconds has to do with Wall-E and only 4 of those seconds give any indication at the plot. All we have is the typical use-Toy-Story-and-Nemo-to-promote-the-next-movie for the first 70%, a robot cleaning up the earth (because you know, we humans destroyed it ), some cheesy Evita music, the typical animated-character-wanting-something-more-in-life and an annoying robotic voice saying the name of the title because they don't think we are smart enough to figure it out.
        Wow!
        "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

There's a reason it is called a teaser trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
            There's a reason it is called a teaser trailer.
            Still though............. EVITA?

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

Comment

Still though............. EVITA?

Still though... IT'S A TEASER!
              BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
              October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
              April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
              December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
              July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
              July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
              February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
              February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
              TRIP REPORTS

Comment

The song is a homage to the sci-fi film Brazil which was one of the influences when making Wall-E.

it sounds to me that Disney Inquistor has a serious case of "Anti-pixaritis".

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                  The song is a homage to the sci-fi film Brazil which was one of the influences when making Wall-E.
                  All I know is that it has just about the exact same music as Evita (Buenos Aires I believe) had (different instruments of course, but still....) which came out 9 years before Brazil. And in the case that it is Brazil..... still ain't original.

it sounds to me that Disney Inquistor has a serious case of "Anti-pixaritis".
                  Nope, just a bad case of crappy-trailer-itis.
                  Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 06-17-2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Wow! Tell us how you really feel.

I know this is a small point, but that is not Evita music. I've seen the show on stage many times and have the movie memorized so I know a bit about the music.

The trailer is what it is, a teaser. It makes you want to see more. I thought it was clever, them talking about the other films they made. I can't wait to see it. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancywitt View Post

I know this is a small point, but that is not Evita music. I've seen the show on stage many times and have the movie memorized so I know a bit about the music.
                      Its not evita its the version from the movie Brazil!

Comment

Well...I know you're a big Lost fan, and although this won't do much in the way of songs with lyrics for you, Michael Giacchino composed the music for Ratatouille and the short that plays before it...if that makes you feel any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
                          Well...I know you're a big Lost fan, and although this won't do much in the way of songs with lyrics for you, Michael Giacchino composed the music for Ratatouille and the short that plays before it...if that makes you feel any better.
                          Ratatouille I don't find as bad (at least not trailer wise). While they do insert the occasional Can-Can type song (which I can buy given the French atmosphere and it being a trailer).... Ratatouille seems to have a fairly original score. Michael Giacchino also composed for Incredibles (which music-wise I found to be nice, but not really memorable).

I hear the background music from Buenos Aires (minus the looking-up-at-the-sky part). That's what I hear. (And for goodness sake, now I have Buenos Aires in my head........ damn you pixar )

What, am I not allowed to dislike it because it is Pixar (or the opposite... must I have to like it because it is Pixar)?

The trailer is what it is, a teaser. It makes you want to see more.
                          Exactly. And for me, that just didn't happened. In fact, the last Pixar teaser that actually made me want to see the movie was The Incredibles (where Bob was trying to put on his costume).
                          Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 06-17-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I can't argue with your opinion if it failed to make a good impression, but it is just a teaser -- a teaser one full year out from the release date. Ironically, Pixar's early teasers generally aren't rec'd well. I recall that the first teasers for both Cars and Finding Nemo were widely panned by fans on the Internet. I think the Monsters Inc teaser got a mixed response too.

I personally liked it. It's clearly meant to establish a connection to Pixar's previous work (as many Pixar trailers do), but in a new, kinda sentimental way. I thought the bit about the lunch and the brainstorming session was really effective. And then then you get just a glimpse of who/what Wall-E is. I thought the music was just fine, it has a bit of a whimsical off-kilter feel. And I think it really was intended as an homage to Terry Gilliam's "Brazil", which is widely considered a sci-fi masterpiece.
                            "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
                            --John Lasseter

Comment

well, according to Jim Hill, Wall E gets all his info about humans based on what trash he collects (since humans no longer live on Earth). perhaps that song is one of his connections to how he thinks humans are.

interesting concept.
                              Check out my Mickey Mouse Cartoon Blog!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X