This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCartney FREE in-store performance @ Amoeba Hollywood 6/27/07

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: McCartney FREE in-store performance @ Amoeba Hollywood 6/27/07

I bet that will be a mad house.

I'll have to stay away from Sunset and Cahuenga.:mob:
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

WOW!!!
      Seriously!!!
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I got an email about this today. I am on Paul McCartney's website mailing list. Oh how I wish I could be there. I saw him in Nov. 2005 and it was THE best concert I've ever seen and I have seen a LOT.

Comment

That is going to be BEYOND a madhouse!

How much you want to bet people are already camping out for wristbands?

Comment

That's gonna be crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

I'm one of those crazy people

j/k I Wish i could be there!

Comment

Fans line up in L.A. for McCartney performance

Associated Press
                via The Hollywood Reporter
                June 27, 2007

Equipped with folding chairs and sleeping bags, hundreds of fans of Paul McCartney lined up at a Hollywood record store Tuesday to snag wristbands for a free show there by the Beatle.

Toni Johnson, 55, stood at the front of the line. Wearing a Paul McCartney concert T-shirt, she said she flew in from Chicago late Saturday and had been in line since Monday afternoon.

"It was noisy, cold. I was trying to sleep upright in a chair. I'm on two hours of sleep," she said. "But for Paul, it's worth it. His music touches my soul and puts a smile on my face like no one else can."

McCartney will play an all-ages concert at Sunset Boulevard's Amoeba Music at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, his spokesman Paul Freundlich confirmed.

The wristbands will be given out starting at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

"This has not been finalized, but we're likely looking at a minimum of 300 people inside," Freundlich told the Associated Press.

Released this month, McCartney's newest album, "Memory Almost Full," has sped up the Billboard charts, and ranks No. 3.

The album, his 21st solo work, received impressive reviews from critics for its blend of nostalgia and melody.

An impromptu gig by McCartney two weeks ago at the Highline Ballroom in New York sparked talk of a tour, but McCartney has no tour plans at this time, Freundlich said.

On Tuesday, Danville resident Sharon White, 43, stood in line with her son, Alexander, 9.

White said she has been a McCartney fan since she was 4. She first saw McCartney, with his band Wings, in 1976.

This was her son's third time seeing McCartney, she said.

"I'm a little disappointed that it's not in a club," White said. "But we'll take what we can get. To see him in a small venue is a lifelong dream."
                http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...45e5e30145118b
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

^^

Comment

One of my co-workers told me that they were already lined up this was the look on my face . Well, it is better than lining up for the iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

I just drove by it and there's about 30 people in line so far.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

If anyone here goes, please report. I entered the sweepstakes for a wristband but didn't win. I'd love a report!

Comment

Recently Reviewed

Paul McCartney

(Amoeba Records; 500 capacity; free)

Paul McCartney at Amoeba Records.

Produced inhouse.

By Steven Mirkin
                          Variety
                          Reviewed June 27, 2007.

Band: Paul McCartney, Rusty Anderson, Abe Laboriel Jr., Brian Ray, Paul "Wix" Wickens.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=34&cs=1

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X