Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon finally rids Disney-related site of jockstrap ads - NetworkWorld, 6/27/07

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon finally rids Disney-related site of jockstrap ads - NetworkWorld, 6/27/07

http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/16888

That result represented a dramatic turnaround from what Lutz had been told prior to his plight being aired in Buzzblog.

"I felt that once you got this to Amazon's attention, they were sincere about fixing the problem," Lutz told me (more blushing). "But the hurdles that had to be overcome to get this to the folks in charge (especially in getting past the customer service reps) were awfully high."

In retrospect, Lutz now believes his initial frustrations may have come as a result of a complaint that's common to service customers of all kinds.

"A friend of mine who until last month used to work both locally and in India with call centers just smiled when I told him what was going on," Lutz said. "At his prompting, I asked Woody if my e-mails were answered abroad and he seemed to admit it."

Of course, that alone wouldn't necessarily account for what Lutz saw as indifference to his situation.

"My friend agreed the unfortunate combination of the words 'jockstrap' and 'Disney' should have set off alarm bells. But he noted that in a different culture they don't always comprehend the connections or understand the urgency. While we may share a language, we don't always share the same sensitivity."
    More of the story at the link.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Amazon finally rids Disney-related site of jockstrap ads - NetworkWorld, 6/27/07

I'm still getting jockstrap ads on Micechat. I mean, I am as of 2 seconds ago.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Re: Amazon finally rids Disney-related site of jockstrap ads - NetworkWorld, 6/27/07

Yes, I still have been seeing the jockstrap ads, too.
      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I'd suggest clearing your cache?
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I LOVE my Micechat jockstrap

Comment

Now I'm getting the jock strap ad too! So they removed them from MiceAge and loaded them on MiceChat?!?!

Ok Amazon, what's wrong with you????

-Dusty
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

^ Time for Monorail Man to contact Al and get his contact at Amazon (I presume Woody) and get the changes made.....

Just don't ban the Pocky Ads

Comment

^ Time for Monorail Man to contact Al and get his contact at Amazon (I presume Woody) and get the changes made.....

Just don't ban the Pocky Ads

Comment

I have yet to see the ads. However, will contact him this afternoon to get this straightened out.
                  -Monorail Man

Comment

Still see mine to

Comment

Perhaps it something to do with "jockstrap" being mentioned with such frequency?

Or maybe it has something to do with you pervs buying so many jockstraps through MiceChat! Amazon does show products that have been successful in the past!

Comment

No jockstraps, all Madonna!
                        Seriously we must have a die-hard Madonna fan on this board who's just suddenly remembered they don't own any Madonna albums and has just bought the whole set.
                        It's all I see.
                        Last edited by Speedway; 06-28-2007, 04:49 PM.
                        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Selling jockstraps is a lot more family friendly than "music" from someone who has made a career out of marketing her vagina.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaaron View Post
                            Selling jockstraps is a lot more family friendly than "music" from someone who has made a career out of marketing her vagina.
                            Now now. She stopped that a long time ago. Now she sells her.. erm.. what does she sell?
                            BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                            October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                            October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                            July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                            July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                            July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                            February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                            February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                            TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                              Now now. She stopped that a long time ago. Now she sells her.. erm.. what does she sell?
                              Mmmmhmmm. I'm not even getting Madonna ads, and I'm her target demographic!

I'm still getting the jock straps though, and while I don't mind seeing hot men in undies, it is rather funny to see on here. It reminds me of when I was on my mother's emailing list and all of a sudden started receiving male nudes (that she sent to her friends). Like, eew, I don't want my mom sending me that!
                              I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                              sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X