Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvin and The Chipmunks... THE MOVIE (live action)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvin and The Chipmunks... THE MOVIE (live action)

Oh no no no no no no no.....

This has 'Garfield' written all over it. And the chipmunks look like they're about to rap??? Now, I like Jason Lee but..... eeeeesh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Re: Alvin and The Chipmunks... THE MOVIE (live action)

I didn't even realize that was Jason Lee w/out his mustache. I need to see a trailer before I totally put it down, but yeah, this looks like a disaster. But who knows right?
    sigpic
    Home away from Home.

Comment

Since when did Alvin and his brothers become gangsta rappers?

Additionally, how did Jason Lee go from making films like Mallrats and Chasing Amy to films like Underdog and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Ugh.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Based on that picture I'd say they're staying about as true to the characters as the crappy Garfield films

Comment

No!

Leave Simon alone.

Comment

Oh please tell me that this is not happening. Please tell me this is a cruel joke. Please don't ruin my childhood again! LOL
            Originally posted by aashee
            We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Actually the chipmunks already did a rap about 10 or so years ago, I think. It was with Will Smith if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                Actually the chipmunks already did a rap about 10 or so years ago, I think. It was with Will Smith if I recall.
                They've always covered contemporary music. My problem is the image of them on that poster. It shows a lack of being true to the characters. You gonna tell me that thing in the blue is a nerdy, scientist type? Or that the green one is shy? The only character that should be anywhere near that look/attitude is Alvin.

Of course, I could always be jumping the gun by basing my assesment on this one image. Perhaps this is just their costume in one song they do during the film. That would be fine. Unfortunately, history has taught me not to put that much faith in Hollywood choices.

Comment

I looked imdb.com and Simon and Alvin are at least voiced by the original voice (who also voiced the animated Dave). I assume that Theodore will also be voiced by the same. But yah... it looks like trouble for sure!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I just barfed a bit of my breakfast.

Comment

*shudder*

Oh gosh nooooo!

Comment

Good god, someone please tell me we're being punked!

They can't keep destroying things we cherishes from our childhood, it's not fair.
                        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

What audience is this suppost to be aimed at? Because I have a feeling it isn't aimed towards the people who actually grew up watching the Chipmunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                            What audience is this suppost to be aimed at? Because I have a feeling it isn't aimed towards the people who actually grew up watching the Chipmunks.
                            Which would be a huge mistake in my opinion. The folks who grew up with it would go on their own for nostalgia AND take their kids along to start the new generation of fans. Trying to appeal only to the younger crowd without respecting the nostalgia crowd really limits the profit potential with something like this.

Comment

I haven't checked too intensely at a store recently, but creating a new generation of fans doesn't get very far is the source material for the fandom isn't readily available. Fostering an appreciation for Alvin and the Chipmunks is pointless if they don't like....make or sell the DVDs these days.

Sure, I am tired of seeing Hollywood desperately clutching at every conceivable franchise from the past and making it live action, but I don't think that movies like this should be made to create a new generation of fandom if Hollywood won't step up to the plate and release what made the old fans fans in the first place.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X