Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Pacific Symphony Summer Concerts!!

I just wanted to let you know about the free Symphony in the Cities concerts. They're great fun! Come on out! See you there

* Mariners Church, Irvine: Saturday, July 7, 7:15pm
    * Mission Viejo: World Cup Soccer Training Field, Saturday, July 28, 7:00 pm
    * Lake Forest: Pittsford Park, Sunday, July 29, 7:00 pm
    * Irvine: Heritage Park, Saturday, August 4, 7:00 pm
    * Brea: Birch Street Promenade, Downtown, Sunday, August 5, 7:00 pm

The concert at Mariners is a Peter and the Wolf concert.
    http://events.ocregister.com/events/...Peter-the-Wolf

The PSO website has links on their calendar for the other four events.
    http://pacificsymphony.entericorp.com/calendar.php

The other 4 concerts are probably like Pops type concerts. They do the same pieces at each show. Last year I went to the Lake Forest concert and Trader Joe's was there selling cheap glasses of wine. It was nice. Just bring a blanket or lawn chairs. It's nice and relaxing. Target sponsors these and last year had a free gift (a bag/checker set thing). It's very family oriented and there is a "Musical Treasure Hunt" for kids an hour before each concert.

Re: Free Pacific Symphony Summer Concerts!!

Very cool, thanks for sharing!
    A signature should go here.

Comment

I read that first post at 6:30, called some friends, went to the concert, and just got back! haha...it was really good. Thank you very much for posting this!

Comment

Oooh! Fun! And right in my home town!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by disneyguy247 View Post
          I read that first post at 6:30, called some friends, went to the concert, and just got back! haha...it was really good. Thank you very much for posting this!

Whoa! I was working there pre-concert. I had to leave when the concert started b/c my in-laws just flew in from Ireland. I hope the concert was good. I heard it was a woodwind quintet. The other 4 concerts should be full orchestra. I'm glad someone here got to enjoy it! I wish I could have heard it.

Comment

Shoot... I think I'm supposed to be somewhere the weekend of the 28th/29th... but hopefully whatever that is, will be done by 7pm Sunday, because I do love park concerts.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X