This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney Meets Jack Benny

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERtZGH8Gn54"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERtZGH8Gn54" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]Jack Benny made an unannounced visit to the office of Walt Disney on Nov. 3, 1965 with a proposition on his mind! Despite a funny talking bird and a mean looking tiger, Benny had his way with Mr. Disney! Jack also revealed to Walt what exactly happened to the lifetime, solid gold Disney Park pass that Disney had given to Benny...can you guess what happened to it??

Re: Walt Disney Meets Jack Benny

Thanks. This was cute. I love Jack Benny. My dad would have us listen to the re-broadcasts of the radio shows when we were growing up.

Comment

This is from The Jack Benny Hour, also featuring Bob Hope and The Beach Boys. This was one of his specials, not his TV series. They really should release this show on DVD...
      -Tim

Comment

A couple Christmases ago, I picked up some Jack Benny DVDs at the 99-cent store that had the Walt segment on it. Gave them out as party favors/gifts.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Thank you for posting that. It was great

Comment

Thank you for posting! That was great. Two classic persons that are definitely missed.
            Originally posted by aashee
            We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

See also these previous threads on this:

Walt Disney and Jack Benny

Walt and Jack Benny. FUNNY VIDEO

...for more information on this show.

Comment

Here's the full episode, in B&W -

http://www.archive.org/details/JackB...ourLongSpecial

Opus1guy, I think the world would LOVE to see this episode in full color! Considering that Internet Archive has it, that would indicate that it's in the public domain, so it might be a good idea to find that videotape of yours, rip it and send them a copy!

Comment

TiaDalma - once again, you are right on the mark with your YouTube finds. Nice going! Two of the greats in television and entertainment of the 20th Century.

--Barry
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X