This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinderella Man

I saw 'Cinderella Man' the other day and really enjoyed it. I think it was one of the best films I have seen in awhile. I think it's a great boxing film, a great underdog story and an example of primo storytelling.

The film seems not to be doing well, I think the title keeps butch guys away...

I was not a huge Russell Crowe fan, but after this one, I think I am. I also thought Renee Z gave a swell performance, too. The one to watch, though, is Paul Giametti. He's wonderful.

There's also an article out that talks about a money back guarantee on this film. That's pretty amazing. I haven't seem anything like that since 'Mystic Pizza' was released. Go see it, there's no risk involved.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Has anyone else seen it?

Haven't seen it, but I'm moderately interested, if I had someone to go with (bf hates the movie theater experience)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I loved it. It really proved to me that Russell Crowe can in fact act. I really dont see why people think he's so great. But he was good in this one.

The one thing I cannot stand though, is how Ron Howard depicted Max Baer as a cold blooded killer/villain. Very bad choice there.
      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Isn't Max Baer Jethro Bodine's father?
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

yeah I think so
          What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Come listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed, took Elly May and threw her on the bed............................................
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I saw it when it first came out, before all the bad press so I didn't know what to expect.
              I'm also not a huge fan of Russell Crowe but was surprised over how much I really enjoyed the movie not just because of the story but because of how well HE did!

I really recommend it if you haven't seen it.
              Don't listen to the press, it's an excellent movie.
              A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaPrincess
                Don't listen to the press, it's an excellent movie.
                So true, so true.

And yes, that actor is portraying Jethro's dad in the film.

Comment

Many theaters are offering a "money Back guarantee" on this movie.. heard about it this morning on morning show..

Comment

I saw Cinderella Man, and truly enjoyed it. I wish I would be doing better in the box-office. It was a great underdog story.
                    You're Alive
                    Well it's only
                    Fallen frames
                    They've told me

Comment

Originally posted by MadameCheshire
                      I saw Cinderella Man, and truly enjoyed it. I wish I would be doing better in the box-office. It was a great underdog story.
                      I wish it was doing better, too. I was even hesitant at first and then my ex dragged me to it, knowing that I would absolutely love it...

Comment

I saw it too, and I really loved it. Paul Giamatti was incredible, as usual. It was truly a great story. And, it also had some great lines.
                        Max- Look now he's got his wife fightin for him.
                        Jim- ya, ain't she somethin?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X