Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Stardust thread.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Official Stardust thread.

    As a huge Neil Gaiman fan I wanted a thread for the new movie "Stardust", which is based on one of his books, "Stardust". Since there wasn't a thread yet, I decided to make one. Anyways, go see it and post what you think. I'll probably have to wait until Sunday or Monday to see it.

  • #2
    Re: The Official Stardust thread.

    I'm leaving in half an hour to go see it. I'm sooo excited!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Official Stardust thread.

      I only recently became aware of this movie, but as a lover of all fairy tales, I feel obligated to see it.

      I don't want to completely spoil myself, though, so... well, if you go to see it and it is wonderful, tell me so without huge spoilers. I really want to see it but I don't have the time or money if it's really really awful. It looks good, however.
      You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Official Stardust thread.

        Originally posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
        I only recently became aware of this movie, but as a lover of all fairy tales, I feel obligated to see it.

        I don't want to completely spoil myself, though, so... well, if you go to see it and it is wonderful, tell me so without huge spoilers. I really want to see it but I don't have the time or money if it's really really awful. It looks good, however.
        It was wonderful. Go see it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Official Stardust thread.

          I just got back from seeing the movie - I left smiling - I felt an aaahhhhhh, I wanna fall in love! type feeling - we really enjoyed it - thoooooo I did call the end, and I didn't read the book - but even if you know nothing about the story, you will enjoy the movie a lot (some very funny parts) - I'm looking forward to the DVD coming out

          (there are so many fantasy type movies coming out - saw the preview for Prince Caspian, looks sooooooooooooooooooooo good! and I was iffy on Narnia but loved it when I saw it)
          Spell Binding Books
          http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
          The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
          We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
          Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
          Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Official Stardust thread.

            Saw it a couple weeks ago... great movie. Definitely Princess Brideesque in many ways.
            -Tim

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Official Stardust thread.

              I don't think that I will get a chance to see it for a few weeks. But I must say that it has one of the worst ad campaigns that I have seen in a long time.
              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

              Buy Now at Amazon

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                I had no idea this existed until the TV ads started showing. I think I might read the book before I see the movie. It looks wonderful!


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                  I loved it. I left the theater with the biggest grin on my face. It's definatly a movie I will be seeing again and buying on DVD as soon as it's released.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                    Overall, I thought the storyline good. As a fantasy/fairtale
                    it worked pretty well. But the humor in the movie, from the
                    sister trio of witches fell short, and from the princes seemed
                    forced. Couldn't help compare the trio of witches in this movie
                    with the trio in "Hocus Pocus" ~ and the trio in Stardust, fell
                    WAY short.

                    Fortunately the 2 main character did a respectable job and
                    carried the movie. As for the rest of the supporting cast,
                    the person who portrayed the witch, who had the princess
                    captive, was interesting. However, Robert DeNiro as the
                    Captain was just off in his performance. It would have been
                    better to have cast a real drag queen, and have them butch
                    it up for the part of the captain. DeNiro's portrayal was just
                    awful ~ very overacted and relying on stereotypes, rather than
                    knowing the real thing ~

                    I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Worth seeing on dvd, but not in the
                    theater. I was really hoping for some great cinematography in
                    this movie ~ to make it worthy of the big screen. But it just
                    ain't got it.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                      I've ordered the book off of Amazon. I only hope it was as good as the movie was. Septimus and Shakespeare are my favorite characters. I hope they're portrayed as well in the book as they were onscreen. And if you haven't seen it yet, go see it!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                        Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
                        I've ordered the book off of Amazon. I only hope it was as good as the movie was. Septimus and Shakespeare are my favorite characters. I hope they're portrayed as well in the book as they were onscreen. And if you haven't seen it yet, go see it!!!
                        It is a terrific book. Unfortunately, I hate to break it to you, but Shakespeare is an invention of the movie. There is a captain of the sky ship, but it is a small part. I'm going to see it tomorrow and I will be able to give a compare contrast review at that point.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                          Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                          It is a terrific book. Unfortunately, I hate to break it to you, but Shakespeare is an invention of the movie. There is a captain of the sky ship, but it is a small part. I'm going to see it tomorrow and I will be able to give a compare contrast review at that point.
                          That is so sad! Shakespeare was such a good character!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                            Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
                            That is so sad! Shakespeare was such a good character!
                            Don't worry, its a terrific book. Which version did you get? Did you get the illustrated version or the novel version?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Official Stardust thread.

                              Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                              Don't worry, its a terrific book. Which version did you get? Did you get the illustrated version or the novel version?
                              There's an illustrated version? do I want that one instead?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X