This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golden Compass - The Official Thread

Have you seen the trailer to this movie yet? It gave me goosebumps.

www.goldencompassmovie.com

The three books by Philip Pullman are fabulous! He is a well known author in England, and after this movie, I'm sure he'll be well known here as well.

These books first showed up in the Young Adult section in bookstores, but the word got out about how great these novels are that you can now find them in the adult sci-fi section as well.

The movie will be out this December. Hopefully the next two books will follow.

Re: The Golden Compass - The Official Thread

I saw the trailer and loved the knits.

Comment

This is one I am very excited about. The movie looks like it is being done very well, with much attention to detail. They have some really excellent actors in it and it should be awesome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I started reading these books in jr high and I love them. I'm so excited for this movie! And I had always pictured Nicole Kidman as Mrs Coulter so I'm excited that she's playing that character. Lyra isn't what I pictured at all so we'll see.

Comment

I'm interested in how they portray daemons. Most likely they will be CG. On the website you can determine what your daemon would be. Mine is a lion. COOL!

Comment

About 7 years ago I started reading the first book but just couldn't get through it. For some reason, it didn't hold my interest (which is incredibly rare for me when it comes to books). Based on the trailer, the movie does look really good though.

Comment

I have heard of the movie and saw the trailer a couple of months ago. I have never heard of the book though, until now. I guess now that Harry Potter is done, I will have to find something new to read. I have read LOTR, Narnia and Redwall. Are these book really good for someone like me who only reads Fantasy and Science Fiction? I have read lots of these kinds of books, but am usually very picky about what I read. It's kind of hard to explain.
              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I have seen the trailer a couple of times now at the show but I have never read the books. Never heard of them. So I will have to look into them. Sounds good. And this movie is definitely on my must see list.
                sigpic

Comment

Lost Boy, I just know you will love these books, based on what you have read and loved in the past. They are available in a paperback so you can save some money. If you do read them, let me know what you think.

Here is a picture of my daemon that I took the quiz for on their website.

Comment

I love how Lost Boy made a reply followed by Wendygirl. Whole Neverland thing going!

Comment

My deamon is a greyhound which is funny, because I have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
                        My deamon is a greyhound which is funny, because I have one.
                        That's too weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Nancywitt View Post
                          I love how Lost Boy made a reply followed by Wendygirl. Whole Neverland thing going!
                          Well, in real life :lol:, we are brother and sister

Just for fun I took the Daemon test. I came out as Nithreus a mouse Daemon. I am responsible, modest, sociable, relaxed and shy. The only one I don't agree with is shy. I can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger!
                          sigpic

Comment

I also just took the test and came out as Haythia, a Lioness. This is first time that a Wolf did not come up so that was pretty strange. I am going out tomorrow so I will look for the first book as I need something to read.
                            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

olin the mouse- eew
                              If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X