X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney-MGM Studios to Change in January 2008

Disney-MGM Studios to Change in January 2008

PHOTO: BigPigletFan

The Disney-MGM Studios theme park will be renamed to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, and Star Tours, just to name a few.
    Toy Story Mania!, where guests ride while wearing 3-D glasses and try for the most points in midway-style games hosted by Toy Story characters. (Summer 2008)
    Block Party Bash,
    The popular show will soon have a new cast of friends. The new cast will include stars from Playhouse Disney shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and more. (Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage! will be dark most of January 2008, reopens February 2008)
    Disney High School Musical 2: School's Out! will include new songs from the Disney Channel Original Movie Disney High School Musical 2. This show invites guests to sing and dance along to show their Wildcat pride. (Fall 2007, replaces High School Musical Pep Rally)
    Handy Manny. He will join other Disney Channel Stars in the Animation Courtyard next to Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage! (November 2007)
    "As Disney continues to grow and invest in our family entertainment business, we constantly explore new ways to deliver high-quality, immersive experiences for our guests," added Crofton. "As a park all about entertainment, Disney's Hollywood Studios will deliver like never before. Now we can say that Hollywood is literally our middle name."
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 08-12-2007, 01:26 PM. Reason: photo line

Re: Disney-MGM Studios to Change in January 2008

thats really interesting piglet. ty. for a guy who gets to go to WDW once every four years, this is big news
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

Wow I guess thats a good thing... right? So is DCA still gonna get a name change?

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Crofton said the change reflects how the park has grown from representing the golden age of movies into the new entertainment today’s Hollywood has to offer in television, music and theater.
        But I LIKE the golden age of movies.... If you want to do new entertainment of todays Hollywood Mann's Chinese Theatre would have to be replaced with a giant Flat Screen HDTV and a giant remote...
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

I like the name change, and I like the fact that the Disney-MGM Studios will change the direction of how the park is going. It's a perfect way to keep up with the times.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

i love that name Disney's Hollywood Studios. It is awsome!
            JEANY SANCHEZ

Comment

Can anyone guess where the name, "Hollywood Studios", first appeared in Disney culture?

Comment

It actually is pre-Disney Eisner... he wanted to start a studio named Hollywood Studios with Katz... Pre 1985...

So anything named Hollywood Studios in the Disney pantheon is a tribute to Eisner, not Walt...
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound View Post
                  But I LIKE the golden age of movies.... If you want to do new entertainment of todays Hollywood Mann's Chinese Theatre would have to be replaced with a giant Flat Screen HDTV and a giant remote...
                  Yeah, everything else seems to fit except Mann's Chinese Theatre and GMR now with this "new"Hollywood idea. I wonder if that means changes to one of the original icon attractions might also be in the park's future? Hopefully it will stay, but only improve.

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound View Post
                    It actually is pre-Disney Eisner... he wanted to start a studio named Hollywood Studios with Katz... Pre 1985...

So anything named Hollywood Studios in the Disney pantheon is a tribute to Eisner, not Walt...
                    While Eisner did register "Hollywood Pictures" as a trademark, I was referring to "Hollywood Studios", itself.

The name appeared in "The Autograph Hound", a short-subject film that Walt Disney produced. Donald Duck attempts to gain entry to a studio lot where he seeks the autographs of many caricatured stars of the day. And, Hollywood Studios was that fictitious plant.
                    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 08-13-2007, 05:24 PM.

Comment

In other news, Columbus prove the earth is round, and has accidentally discovered a place called America.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                        In other news, Columbus prove the earth is round, and has accidentally discovered a place called America.
                        Newsflash. Years and years after the fact, people still don't know that Columbus did not prove the world was round. That's a yarn. It was well known by the Greeks that the world was roughly shaped like a sphere. That fact appears in the writings of Aristotle. By the time of Columbus, it was widely accepted the world was round. The debate was over the distance between the Spice Islands of Asia and Europe via the route proposed. Columbus believed it to be 5,000 miles, within range of the ships of the day. Others believed that distance to be out of range. They were right by the way and Columbus was wrong. They were indeed well out of range. Lucky for Columbus, he found the West Indies.

Comment

Does anyone know if the studios plan on changing out any of "The Great Movie Ride" due to conflicts with the MGM contract?

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                            I thought it was Magellan that proved it was round...

On another note, according to the Jim Hill site, this park will eventually be renamed "Disney's Hollywood"...which I like better than "Disney's Hollywood Studios."
                            Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by riklik1968 View Post
                              Does anyone know if the studios plan on changing out any of "The Great Movie Ride" due to conflicts with the MGM contract?
                              yes but not for the reason listed.

I believe Great Movie Ride is scheduled for a major overhaul soon

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X