X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Bale on 'Newsies'

Breaking 'Newsies'
    Who doesn't love the Disney musical? Christian Bale, that's who.
    Released in April 1992, the Disney musical Newsies was supposed to be the High School Musical of its day. The tale of plucky late-19th-century newspaper-hawking kids was even helmed by future HSM director Kenny Ortega. Instead, the film was one of the lowest-grossing in Disney history. ''Well, it's nice that it achieved something!'' laughs Bale, who signed on to NewsiesNewsies, ultimately, left no lasting damage. ''Time healed those wounds. But it took a while.''
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20054053,00.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Christian Bale on 'Newsies'

awwwww....I love Newsies!!!!

My best score ever!

Comment

Newsies is one of my fav movies ever! I love that they play some of the music in the backlot of DCA!

Comment

Awwwww... I liked Newsies! That's how I got into Christian Bale in the first place!

Comment

Christian want to dress in tights instead. lol To the Bat-Cave.
          Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I love Newsies too. And Christian Bale. And it's okay if he doesn't.

Comment

I LOVE Newsies.

"Seize the Day" was my theme song all through high school. It's one of my favorite all time movies.
              St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

I'd like to hear his thoughts on Swing Kids now that he's uber-famous.

Now THAT'S an awesome movie.

Comment

Newsies is what got me into Christian Bale. I believe I was in the 7th grade when I first saw it and was love struck.
                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

we just rented it - I still like it. Some actors take themselves way too seriously.
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Newsies is a great film! love it!

Comment

I was more amazed by Bale's movie Empire of the Sun. He was excellent in that despite the fact that didn't do that well either.
                        I own Newsies.:blush:
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I like Newsies too. Shame on Bale for regretting making this film.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                            I like Newsies too. Shame on Bale for regretting making this film.
                            Harsh. Well he probably regrets doing the 'Shaft' remake alot more.
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X