No announcement yet.

Disney Channel Renews "Charlie and Lola"

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Channel Renews "Charlie and Lola"

Disney Channel will kick off the third season of the preschool series Charlie and Lola on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 11:30 a.m. (ET/PT). A total of 14 new half-hour episodes will air during the learning-focused Playhouse Disney programming block this season, continuing the adventures of a little girl who navigates preschool-age challenges with help from her supportive big brother.
    A production of London-based Tiger Aspect Prods., Charlie and Lola is based on the award-winning children's book series by Lauren Child, whose other creations include Clarice Bean and Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton Trent. Charlie and Lola has 7-year-old Charlie patiently helping his feisty, but endearing, 4-year-old sister with such things as keeping a clean room, handling new friendships and overcoming a fear of the dark.
    Designed by Leigh Hodgkinson, the show features 2D digital animation combined with paper cutout, fabric design, real textures, photo-montage and archival footage. Directed by Kitty Taylor and exec produced by Claudia Lloyd, the series airs daily at 11:30 a.m. (ET/PT) during Playhouse Disney.

Re: Disney Channel Renews "Charlie and Lola"

Is the US version dubbed for export? In the UK such US shows tend to get dubbed with British voices (The Save-ums, The Bucket of Dinosaurs thing)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

We have 2 DVDs of Charlie and Lola and all the characters have British accents.
      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

The show was renewed in October 2006 for this third season:
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.