Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horror films, what's your favorite?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Horror films, what's your favorite?

    So what's everyones favorite scary movie? Do you like suspense like in 'The Others' and 'The Blair Witch Project', or do you prefer (In the words of Roddy McDowell in Fright Night) watching demented mad men running around hacking up young virgins?

    Here's a list of the top 100 horror movies of all time that I found on a horror based website:



    100. Return of the living Dead 2 (1988, Directed by Ken Wiederhorn)
    99. Silver Bullet (1985, Directed by Daniel Attias)

    98. Mimic (1997, Directed by Guillermo del Toro)
    97. April Fools Day (1986, Directed by Fred Walton)
    96. Deranged (1974, Directed by Jeff Gillen and Alan Ormsby)
    95. Cabin Fever (2002, Directed by Eli Roth)
    94. Fright Night (1985, Directed by Tom Holland)
    93. Pumpkin Head (1989, Directed by Stan Winston)

    92. House of Wax
    91. Creepshow (1982, Directed by George A. Romero)
    90. Cujo (1983, Directed by Lewis Teague)
    89. The Blob (1958, Directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr. and Russell S. Doughten Jr. (uncredited) )
    88. Christine (1983, Directed by John Carpenter)
    87. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996, Directed by Robert Rodriguez)
    86. House on Haunted Hill (1959, Directed by William Castle)

    85. House of 1000 corpses (2003, Directed by Rob Zombie)
    84. Children of the damned (1963, Directed by Anton Leader)
    83. Manhunter (1986, Directed by Michael Mann)
    82. Children of the Corn (1984, Directed by Fritz Kiersch)

    81. Resident Evil (2002, Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson)
    80. People under the stairs (1991, Directed by Wes Craven)
    79. Alone in the Dark (1982, Directed by Jack Sholder)
    78. Candyman (1992, Directed by Bernard Rose)
    77. The Fog (1980, Directed by John Carpenter)
    76. Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984, Directed by Charles E. Sellier Jr.)
    75. Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954, Directed by Jack Arnold)
    74. Phantom of the Opera (1925, Directed by Rupert Julian, Ernst Laemmle)
    73. Child's Play (1988, Directed by Tom Holland)
    72. The Hitcher (1986, Directed by Robert Harmon)
    71. IT (1990, Directed by Tommy Lee Wallace)
    70. When a Stranger Calls (1979, Directed by Fred Walton)

    69. The Ring (2002, Directed by Gore Verbinski)
    68. Return of the living dead
    67. Final Destination (2000, Directed by James Wong)
    66. Nosferatu (1922, Directed by F.W. Murnau)
    65. Frankenstein (1931, Directed by James Whale)
    64. Scream (1996, Directed by Wes Craven)
    63. Dracula (1992, Directed by Francis Ford Coppola)
    62. The Lost Boys (1987, Directed by Joel Schumacher)

    61. Pet Semetary (1989, Directed by Mary Lambert)
    60. The Wolfman (1941, Directed by George Waggner)
    59. The Mummy (1932, Directed by Karl Freund)
    58. Darkness Falls (2003, Directed by Jonathan Liebesman)
    57. Seven (1995, Directed by David Fincher)
    56. Don't Look Now (1973, Directed by Nicolas Roeg)

    55. The Birds (1963, Directed by Alfred Hitchcock)
    54. Event Horizon (1997, Directed by Paul Anderson)
    53. The Stepford Wives (1975, Directed by Bryan Forbes)
    52. Salem's Lot (1979, Directed by Tobe Hooper)

    51. Prom Night (1980, Directed by Paul Lynch)
    50. Puppet Master (1989, Directed by David Schmoeller)
    49. Re-animator (1985, Directed by Dennis Paoli)
    48. The Grudge - Ju-On (2004, Directed by Takashi Shimizu)
    47. Phantasm (1979, Directed by Don Coscarelli)

    46. Poltergeist (1982, Directed by Tobe Hooper)
    45. Amityville Horror (1979, Directed by Stuart Rosenberg)
    44. The Invisible Man (1933, Directed by James Whale)
    43. The Omen (1976, Directed by Richard Donner)
    42. Rosemary's Baby (1968, Directed by Roman Polanski)
    41. Misery (1990, Directed by Rob Reiner)
    40. Day of the dead (1985, Written and directed by George A. Romero)

    39. Cemetery Man (1994, Directed by Michele Soavi)
    38. Hellraiser (1987, Directed by Clive Barker)
    37. Bride of Frankenstein (1935, Directed by James Whale)
    36. Ginger Snaps (2000, Directed by John Fawcett)
    35. Hostel (2005, Directed by Eli Roth)

    34. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971, Directed by Robert Fuest)
    33. Dawn of the dead 2004 (2004, Directed by Zack Snyder)
    32. The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988, Directed by Wes Craven)
    31. Saw (2004, Written and Directed by James Wan)
    30. Feast (2005, Directed by John Gulager)
    29. 28 Days Later (2002, Directed by Danny Boyle)
    28. Black Christmas (1974, Directed by Bob Clark)
    27. Silence of the Lambs (1991, Directed by Jonathan Demme)
    26. Audition (1999, Directed by Takashi Miike)
    25. The Thing (1982, Directed by John Carpenter)
    24. Aliens (1986, Directed by James Cameron)
    23. Haute Tension (2005, Directed by Alexandre Aja)
    22. Suspiria (1977, Directed by Dario Argento)
    21. Jaws (1975, Directed by Steven Spielberg)

    20. Zombi 2 (1980, Directed by Lucio Fulci)
    19. The Eye (2002, Directed by the Pang Brothers)
    18. Frailty (2001, Directed by Bill Paxton)
    17. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974, Directed by Tobe Hooper)
    16. May (2002, Written and Directed by Lucky McKee)
    15. White Zombie (1932, Directed by Victor Halperin)
    14. Carrie (1976, Directed by Brian De Palma)
    13. Shaun of the Dead (2004, Directed by Edgar Wright)

    12. Friday the 13th (1980, Directed by Sean S. Cunningham)
    11. Braindead/Dead Alive (1992, Directed by Peter Jackson)
    10. The Evil Dead (1981, Directed by Sam Raimi)
    9. Psycho (1960, Directed by Alfred Hitchcock)
    8. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984, Directed by Wes Craven)
    7. The Shining (1980, Directed by Stanley Kubrick)
    6. Night of the living Dead (1968, Directed by Dean Lachiusa & George A. Romero)
    5. Halloween (1978, Directed by John Carpenter)
    4. Dawn of the Dead (1978, Written and Directed by George A. Romero)
    3. The Descent (2005, Directed by Neil Marshall)
    2. Alien (1979, Directed by Ridley Scott)
    1. The Exorcist (1973, Directed by William Friedkin)

    So what do you think is missing from the list? Do you disagree with the placement of some of the films? Which ones are your favorite?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  • #2
    Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

    not sure if this is really a horror movie but i LOVE THE OTHERS....

    also love Stephen king movies

    Friends for life

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

      Yah The Others was a great movie, but looking at the list, I notice that it's mostly hack and slash horror. There's not many good suspense horror films on there at all (which are my favorite)
      Growing older is manditory
      Growing up is however, optional

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

        I love those suspense ones as well, keeps you on the edge of your seat (of course my hands are always coviering my eyes) but I still love them

        Friends for life

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

          so many on that list are among my favorites

          i love a good, cheesy, gory slasher flick..sometimes the cheesier the better. there are also a lot of really good asian horror flicks out there like Infection, Reincarnation and Ichi the Killer
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-


          Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.







          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

            There was a film that was from Japan that 'The Ring' was based on. What was the name of that move again? There was one scene in it that I loved.. where you saw the black figure moving down a hallway through a security camera's monitor, then suddenly the screen went black and you saw an eye looking at you.
            Growing older is manditory
            Growing up is however, optional

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

              Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
              There was a film that was from Japan that 'The Ring' was based on. What was the name of that move again? There was one scene in it that I loved.. where you saw the black figure moving down a hallway through a security camera's monitor, then suddenly the screen went black and you saw an eye looking at you.
              it wasnt the Grudge was it?

              I thought that was a remake of a japanese horror film

              Friends for life

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                I use dto love the Old Vincent Price horror films.. and of corse alfred hitchcock.. Phycho and the birds

                Friends for life

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                  Originally posted by kelly View Post
                  it wasnt the Grudge was it?

                  I thought that was a remake of a japanese horror film
                  I think it was the grudge. Sarah Michelle Geller was in it.
                  Growing older is manditory
                  Growing up is however, optional

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                    Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                    I think it was the grudge. Sarah Michelle Geller was in it.
                    Yep she played in it
                    I never saw the movie, but really wanted to

                    I did love the ring as well (the first one though) the second one wasnt as good

                    Friends for life

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                      I'm thinking I may want to rent Saw soon. I haven't seen it yet, but the premise sounds interesting.

                      Poltergeist comes out tomorrow on DVD.
                      Growing older is manditory
                      Growing up is however, optional

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                        Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                        I'm thinking I may want to rent Saw soon. I haven't seen it yet, but the premise sounds interesting.

                        Poltergeist comes out tomorrow on DVD.
                        forgot about poltergeist .. I LVOED THAT ONE

                        i think sometime this month it is in theaters fopr just 1 nite ()for the anniversary)

                        Friends for life

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                          Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                          So what's everyones favorite scary movie? Do you like suspense like in 'The Others' and 'The Blair Witch Project', or do you prefer (In the words of Roddy McDowell in Fright Night) watching demented mad men running around hacking up young virgins?

                          Here's a list of the top 100 horror movies of all time that I found on a horror based website:



                          100. Return of the living Dead 2 (1988, Directed by Ken Wiederhorn)
                          99. Silver Bullet (1985, Directed by Daniel Attias)



                          98. Mimic (1997, Directed by Guillermo del Toro)
                          97. April Fools Day (1986, Directed by Fred Walton)
                          96. Deranged (1974, Directed by Jeff Gillen and Alan Ormsby)
                          95. Cabin Fever (2002, Directed by Eli Roth)
                          94. Fright Night (1985, Directed by Tom Holland)
                          93. Pumpkin Head (1989, Directed by Stan Winston)

                          92. House of Wax
                          91. Creepshow (1982, Directed by George A. Romero)
                          90. Cujo (1983, Directed by Lewis Teague)
                          89. The Blob (1958, Directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr. and Russell S. Doughten Jr. (uncredited) )
                          88. Christine (1983, Directed by John Carpenter)
                          87. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996, Directed by Robert Rodriguez)
                          86. House on Haunted Hill (1959, Directed by William Castle)

                          85. House of 1000 corpses (2003, Directed by Rob Zombie)
                          84. Children of the damned (1963, Directed by Anton Leader)
                          83. Manhunter (1986, Directed by Michael Mann)
                          82. Children of the Corn (1984, Directed by Fritz Kiersch)

                          81. Resident Evil (2002, Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson)
                          80. People under the stairs (1991, Directed by Wes Craven)
                          79. Alone in the Dark (1982, Directed by Jack Sholder)
                          78. Candyman (1992, Directed by Bernard Rose)
                          77. The Fog (1980, Directed by John Carpenter)
                          76. Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984, Directed by Charles E. Sellier Jr.)
                          75. Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954, Directed by Jack Arnold)
                          74. Phantom of the Opera (1925, Directed by Rupert Julian, Ernst Laemmle)
                          73. Child's Play (1988, Directed by Tom Holland)
                          72. The Hitcher (1986, Directed by Robert Harmon)
                          71. IT (1990, Directed by Tommy Lee Wallace)
                          70. When a Stranger Calls (1979, Directed by Fred Walton)

                          69. The Ring (2002, Directed by Gore Verbinski)
                          68. Return of the living dead
                          67. Final Destination (2000, Directed by James Wong)
                          66. Nosferatu (1922, Directed by F.W. Murnau)
                          65. Frankenstein (1931, Directed by James Whale)
                          64. Scream (1996, Directed by Wes Craven)
                          63. Dracula (1992, Directed by Francis Ford Coppola)
                          62. The Lost Boys (1987, Directed by Joel Schumacher)

                          61. Pet Semetary (1989, Directed by Mary Lambert)
                          60. The Wolfman (1941, Directed by George Waggner)
                          59. The Mummy (1932, Directed by Karl Freund)
                          58. Darkness Falls (2003, Directed by Jonathan Liebesman)
                          57. Seven (1995, Directed by David Fincher)
                          56. Don't Look Now (1973, Directed by Nicolas Roeg)

                          55. The Birds (1963, Directed by Alfred Hitchcock)
                          54. Event Horizon (1997, Directed by Paul Anderson)
                          53. The Stepford Wives (1975, Directed by Bryan Forbes)
                          52. Salem's Lot (1979, Directed by Tobe Hooper)

                          51. Prom Night (1980, Directed by Paul Lynch)
                          50. Puppet Master (1989, Directed by David Schmoeller)
                          49. Re-animator (1985, Directed by Dennis Paoli)
                          48. The Grudge - Ju-On (2004, Directed by Takashi Shimizu)
                          47. Phantasm (1979, Directed by Don Coscarelli)

                          46. Poltergeist (1982, Directed by Tobe Hooper)
                          45. Amityville Horror (1979, Directed by Stuart Rosenberg)
                          44. The Invisible Man (1933, Directed by James Whale)
                          43. The Omen (1976, Directed by Richard Donner)
                          42. Rosemary's Baby (1968, Directed by Roman Polanski)
                          41. Misery (1990, Directed by Rob Reiner)
                          40. Day of the dead (1985, Written and directed by George A. Romero)

                          39. Cemetery Man (1994, Directed by Michele Soavi)
                          38. Hellraiser (1987, Directed by Clive Barker)
                          37. Bride of Frankenstein (1935, Directed by James Whale)
                          36. Ginger Snaps (2000, Directed by John Fawcett)
                          35. Hostel (2005, Directed by Eli Roth)

                          34. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971, Directed by Robert Fuest)
                          33. Dawn of the dead 2004 (2004, Directed by Zack Snyder)
                          32. The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988, Directed by Wes Craven)
                          31. Saw (2004, Written and Directed by James Wan)
                          30. Feast (2005, Directed by John Gulager)
                          29. 28 Days Later (2002, Directed by Danny Boyle)
                          28. Black Christmas (1974, Directed by Bob Clark)
                          27. Silence of the Lambs (1991, Directed by Jonathan Demme)
                          26. Audition (1999, Directed by Takashi Miike)
                          25. The Thing (1982, Directed by John Carpenter)
                          24. Aliens (1986, Directed by James Cameron)
                          23. Haute Tension (2005, Directed by Alexandre Aja)
                          22. Suspiria (1977, Directed by Dario Argento)
                          21. Jaws (1975, Directed by Steven Spielberg)

                          20. Zombi 2 (1980, Directed by Lucio Fulci)
                          19. The Eye (2002, Directed by the Pang Brothers)
                          18. Frailty (2001, Directed by Bill Paxton)
                          17. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974, Directed by Tobe Hooper)
                          16. May (2002, Written and Directed by Lucky McKee)
                          15. White Zombie (1932, Directed by Victor Halperin)
                          14. Carrie (1976, Directed by Brian De Palma)
                          13. Shaun of the Dead (2004, Directed by Edgar Wright)

                          12. Friday the 13th (1980, Directed by Sean S. Cunningham)
                          11. Braindead/Dead Alive (1992, Directed by Peter Jackson)
                          10. The Evil Dead (1981, Directed by Sam Raimi)
                          9. Psycho (1960, Directed by Alfred Hitchcock)
                          8. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984, Directed by Wes Craven)
                          7. The Shining (1980, Directed by Stanley Kubrick)
                          6. Night of the living Dead (1968, Directed by Dean Lachiusa & George A. Romero)
                          5. Halloween (1978, Directed by John Carpenter)
                          4. Dawn of the Dead (1978, Written and Directed by George A. Romero)
                          3. The Descent (2005, Directed by Neil Marshall)
                          2. Alien (1979, Directed by Ridley Scott)
                          1. The Exorcist (1973, Directed by William Friedkin)

                          So what do you think is missing from the list? Do you disagree with the placement of some of the films? Which ones are your favorite?
                          I love zombie flicks, the blob flicks,Alien flicks, nothing gory, or demonic and I love the fright night series!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                            Originally posted by kelly View Post
                            forgot about poltergeist .. I LVOED THAT ONE

                            i think sometime this month it is in theaters fopr just 1 nite ()for the anniversary)
                            It was last Thrusday at 7:30pm.
                            Growing older is manditory
                            Growing up is however, optional

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Horror films, what's your favorite?

                              Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                              There was a film that was from Japan that 'The Ring' was based on. What was the name of that move again? There was one scene in it that I loved.. where you saw the black figure moving down a hallway through a security camera's monitor, then suddenly the screen went black and you saw an eye looking at you.
                              The Ring was based on a movie called Ringu
                              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                              -=Is It October Yet?=-


                              Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                              Originally posted by pratt55
                              Elly is adorkable.







                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X