X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney park expansion planned - OC Register, 10/17/07

http://www.ocregister.com/news/disne...sion-adventure

The Walt Disney Co. is set to announce Wednesday a major expansion of Disney's California Adventure theme park in Anaheim, a Disney official said late Tuesday.

The park opened in 2001 across from Disneyland, where a parking lot used to be. But California Adventure has never been as popular as its classic 52-year-old counterpart.

Bob Iger, Disney's chief executive officer, and other top Disney officials plan to release the details of the expansion, renovation and new rides at a news briefing Wednesday morning at the company's Glendale offices.

A Disney watchdog Web site, MiceAge.com, has reported that the overhaul will cost $1.2 billion, including a lagoon show, a "Little Mermaid" ride and "Ratatouille"-themed roller coaster.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Disney park expansion planned - OC Register, 10/17/07

Blech! They got it wrong, MiceAge reported that the Ratatouille coaster was scrapped, but Cars Land was a go. Oh well. I guess they didn't read the latest update?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

well Al did report that stuff... he just reported more later

Comment

Re: Disney to spend $1 bln on Calif. park - WSJ - Reuters, 10/17/07

^ Generally if Al is their source, they say so in the article.

Comment

WHAT about Hong Kong Disneyland? Not even a single cent for their expansion?
          My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Comment

Originally posted by josh_kslow View Post
            WHAT about Hong Kong Disneyland? Not even a single cent for their expansion?
            Disney doesn't care about their Asian properties. That's why OLC is kicking Domestic Disney's butt in their level of live entertainment in the park even with the quality slowly reaching the level of the budget friendly WDW "Let's repeat last year's Halloween offerings for the fourth year in a row and use a float that's about 20 years old in every parade!" way of thinking.

Besides, Hong Kong has their own expansion. The addition of Frontierland and Fantasyland!
            WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X