• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Goulet dies at age 73 (Merged)

This was just posted on MSNBC

Singer was at a Los Angeles hospital awaiting a lung transplant

Updated: 13 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in “Camelot” launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died. He was 73.

The singer died Tuesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital while awaiting a lung transplant, said Goulet spokesman Norm Johnson.

He had been awaiting a lung transplant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being found last month to have a rare form of pulmonary fibrosis.

Goulet had remained in good spirits even as he waited for the transplant, said Vera Goulet, his wife of 25 years.

“Just watch my vocal cords,” she said he told doctors before they inserted a breathing tube.

The Massachusetts-born Goulet, who spent much of his youth in Canada, gained stardom in 1960 with “Camelot,” the Lerner and Loewe musical that starred Richard Burton as King Arthur and Julie Andrews as his Queen Guenevere.

Goulet played Sir Lancelot, the arrogant French knight who falls in love with Guenevere.

He became a hit with American TV viewers with appearances on “The Ed Sullivan Show” and other programs. Sullivan labeled him the “American baritone from Canada,” where he had already been a popular star in the 1950s, hosting his own show called “General Electric’s Showtime.”
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Robert Goulet dies at age 73

Sad indeed. Did any of you see the commercials recently that he made where he's in this office messing things up? I found those so funny, and to learn of his passing is quite sad indeed.

Comment

What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

yeah DD...The Emerald Nuts commercials. Very Silly. I was really pulling for him there. Very sad for his family and fans.

Comment

I'm always going to remember him as the singing voice for Wheezy the Penguin in TS2, and from Naked Gun.
          Growing older is manditory
          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

May he rest in peace.
            <3 Chloe

Comment

awww, so sad to hear about him gone. Rest in Peace Robert Goulet. I will always remember seeing him as King Arthur in Camelot in a play I saw him in. He did play a great King Arthur too.
              Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Rest in peace Goulet.

Comment

Wow, sad news.
                  --Jonathan

Comment

very sad indeed. all the greats are passing away Rest in Peace Robert !

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this news. I was really pulling for him to get that lung transplant.
                      sigpic

Comment

No this really sucks.

Comment

"Robert Goulet, Robert Goulet
                          My God! Robert Goulet!"

this is sad news, i loved him in Camelot with Julie Andrews
                          Is this haunted signature
                          actually
                          stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                          Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                          also known as...
                          Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Sad news. Goulet was also the singing voice of Mikey in the Disney TV show Recess and its film Recess: School's Out.

I guess we will all miss his voice.

Comment

R.I.P Robert Goulet.

LOS ANGELES - Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in "Camelot" launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died. He was 73.
                              The singer died Tuesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital while awaiting a lung transplant, said Goulet spokesman Norm Johnson.
                              He had been awaiting a lung transplant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being found last month to have a rare form of pulmonary fibrosis.
                              Goulet had remained in good spirits even as he waited for the transplant, said Vera Goulet, his wife of 25 years.
                              "Just watch my vocal cords," she said he told doctors before they inserted a breathing tube.
                              The Massachusetts-born Goulet, who spent much of his youth in Canada, gained stardom in 1960 with "Camelot," the Lerner and Loewe musical that starred Richard Burton as King Arthur and Julie Andrews as his Queen Guenevere.
                              Goulet played Sir Lancelot, the arrogant French knight who falls in love with Guenevere.
                              He became a hit with American TV viewers with appearances on "The Ed Sullivan Show" and other programs. Sullivan labeled him the "American baritone from Canada," where he had already been a popular star in the 1950s, hosting his own show called "General Electric's Showtime."

http://omg.yahoo.com/singer-robert-g...t-73/news/3543
                              Oh my!
                              Har har har

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X