No announcement yet.

Your Friend The Rat

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Friend The Rat

In relation to Al's post on the front page, here are some stills to give you an image of what the new Pixar short will look like. I have also included a brief description of the short from

The stills below are courtesy of

10/31/2007: "Your Friend The Rat stills"Your Friend The Rat
    The short features Remy & Emile as they guide viewers through the history of the rat and attempt to correct some common misperceptions of this furry and misunderstood friend.
    Written & Directed by: Jim Capobianco
    Producer: Ann Brilz
    Executive Producers: Brad Bird, John Lasseter, Brad Lewis
    Story: Jeff Pidgeon, Alexander Woo
    Cast: Patton Oswalt (Remy), Peter Sohn (Emile), Lou Romano (Linguini)

Rat DVD Has First Pixar 2-D Toon

The upcoming DVD release of Disney/Pixar's animated RatatouilleRatatouille's hero, Remy the rat (voiced by Patton Oswalt), and his brother, Emile (Peter Sohn), who talk about the history and behavior of rats in an effort to persuade human viewers not to kill the ubiquitous rodents. "We had to be scrappy" to get the movie made, said Capobianco, who worked as a story supervisor on Ratatouille.

For example, to shoot a sequence of stop-motion animation, Capobianco and his team made use of a darkened screening room at Pixar, since the studio has no stop-motion stages. For another sequence, Capobianco's animators drew a series of line drawings on a chalkboard. The result is reminiscent of 1960s-era educational films, old UPA shorts and classic Ward Kimball animation from Disney, he said.
    Sounds Very Interesting! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks to Cartoon Brew, Animted-News,, and Al for sharing the information.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Your Friend The Rat

Looking forward to it. Ratatouille is my favorite of all them.

Re: Your Friend The Rat

ORWEN: We're s-o-o-o-o-o-o looking forward to conjuring this up inside our crystal ball, us Cauldron girls are!!!!

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.