This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-17-07 Beowulf: Dead Men Acting

Beowulf: Dead Men ActingBeowulf. A film, at least according to our critic, that could send CG-animation back to the dark ages.

Read the full review here >>

Re: 11-17-07 Beowulf: Dead Men Acting

I saw it last night in IMAX 3d and I'd have to agree with your assessment. Honestly, I've seen more lifelike work in video games (Beowulf seemed like a really, really long cut scene).

Certain *parts* of it were good -- the dragon and Angelina, especially.... but the "Austin Powers" sequences were silly and the dialog was dumb dumb dumb.

Still, it was fun to see in IMAX 3d, I would have been disappointed if I hadn't seen it in that format.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

The 3D was great, the adaptation ok, the animation just so so. I'm ambivalent to the film as a whole.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I didn't care for the Polar Express, mainly due to the dead eyed epressions of all the charicaters. It was kind of creepy, and though the eyes in Beawolf seem more alive. What's the point of using CGI versions of actors that look like the actors you hired? If you have Angelina Jolie one of the world's "most beautiful" people. Why use a CGI Angelina?

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
          Ionestly, I've seen more lifelike work in video games (Beowulf seemed like a really, really long cut scene).
          I think this is the most accurate assessment of the movie I have read. And what's up with the rewritten story? lame.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X