This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monorail Red arrives at Disneyland - News and Photos

This morning, The new Monorail Red (formally Blue) arrived and was placed on the track.

I was there taking photos (check the link below)

Also, Brady MacDonald at the LA Times also has written about the arrival. Check out his article, and Disney provided photos at this link.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1147

FYI, the dates that Brady MacDonald used for the second and third trains were provided by Disney, and seem VERY optimistic. IMHO, do not expect them to arrive that soon..... I would say the second train late in 2008, and the third mid-2009.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 12-20-2007, 05:11 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: New Monorail Red arrives at Disneyland - News and Photos

DB - Thanks for the photos and the link to the LA times piece. First reaction, I think I like it. I like the blue tint to the windows.
    The Mur

Comment

They're pretty spiffy. I'm excited to see them in person once they go online! Not so sure how I feel about the whole central island seating idea, though.
      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I love it, really sleek! Thanks DB. Woohooo!
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I miss the bubble
          Growing older is manditory
          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I like it! Can't wait to see it live & in person.

(Nice Yesterland plug at the end of the article, too. )
            <o>

Comment

Cool! I'm excited to see it in action - and to hear how people like the new seating.
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I LOVE IT!! sweet... now let's just hope they don't cover them in dream clouds and dream sparkles! If Disney is reading this DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A SUGGESTION

Comment

So when's it going to be up & running? I'll be there tomorrow.

Comment

She's beautiful. Can you imagine how her sisters will look in the future? They definitely need to send Mark V Red next. It would be confusing having to Monorail Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                      So when's it going to be up & running? I'll be there tomorrow.
                      The LA Times article says it is supposed to be on line in Feb.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

And I can confirm, no way for testing the next few weeks, they will be testing ONLY inside the Barn until the second week of January, and then you can expect to see it in the early morning and late evening hours on weekdays (when the park is closed) for a few weeks, while the Monorail is fully tested and approved by Disney and DOSH.

Sometime in February is the current expected date for Guests to be able to ride.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I want the bubble also!

So kind disappointed, but nicer than we have now.
                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

They look so nice. They color shifting paint job sounds like it will be really cool to see in person.

Comment

I'm diggin the white on the bottom. Looks very Killer Whaleish... Too bad there isn't a monorail black =/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X