This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Shareholders Meeting

Disney has just filed the 2007 Proxy Statement. This year, the shareholders meeting will be held on Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 10 a.m. at the Albuquerque Convention Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Re: 2008 Shareholders Meeting

ORWEN: Oh! Just think of all the fun they could have if they had it in Roswell, instead! They could combine the Shareholder's meeting with a Science Fiction Convention!! That's what I'd like to see!

ORGOCH: From what I hears, a lot a them Dizzy Shareholder's meetin's already IS like a Science Fiction convention!!

Comment

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: WHAT ABOUT ANAHEIM??????? WHY CANT THEY HAVE THE SHAREHOLER MEETING AT THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL?????? :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Comment

They have got to be kidding. What the heck does Disney have to do with Albuquerque??? They haven't done an annual meeting in WDW in SO long!!!

Comment

LAST years shareholder meeting in Anaheim. It was at the Pond. It probably will be again in a few more years.
          "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
            They have got to be kidding. What the heck does Disney have to do with Albuquerque??? They haven't done an annual meeting in WDW in SO long!!!
            In the Reuters article that talked about Bob Iger's salary, it mentions that Albuquerque is the setting for the Disney Channel hit movie, "High School Musical". http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080111/disney_iger.html?.v=3

Comment

last year it was new orleans, and this year albuquerque, this way you won't have to deal with all those pesky shareholders who really don't matter much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore'snumber1fan View Post
                last year it was new orleans, and this year albuquerque, this way you won't have to deal with all those pesky shareholders who really don't matter much anyway.
                At least New Orleans has a positive connection with Disney (New Orleans Square). This Albuquerque thing just makes me sick, it is just too much negative synergy. I like to pretend that Disney has nothing to do with the Disney Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore'snumber1fan View Post
                  I would like to point out that we shareholders are not "pesky". and I would also like to point out that there would be no Disney Company without shareholders.

and I think that all the other shareholders would agree with us that an apology is in order becase I am offended and I think they all are too.

Comment

They should have turned left.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                      They should have turned left.

You, Whascawee Wabbit! Iger must think he works for Warner Brothers.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Anaheim is not really convenient for most shareholders. The majority of Disney shares are held by institutional investors with headquarters in NY. Disney rotates the meetings to give investors from across the country a chance every once in awhile to attend.
                        Originally posted by SummerInFL
                        Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                        Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                          Anaheim is not really convenient for most shareholders. The majority of Disney shares are held by institutional investors with headquarters in NY. Disney rotates the meetings to give investors from across the country a chance every once in awhile to attend.
                          This is correct. Just because Disney happens to have a couple of ventures in the LA area, doesn't mean it will call its meetings there. They have usually had it away from LA. I know the last couple years it was in NH and I think MN to name a couple.
                          Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X