Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

    First look:
    The next 'Star Wars' is animated 'War'


    Lucasfilm
    Story to tell: Animated Jedi Anakin Skywalker, right,
    fights alongside apprentice Ahsoka in Clone Wars.

    By Anthony Brenican
    USA TODAY
    February 12, 2008

    You had better start waiting in line now, Star Wars fans. A new movie is headed to theaters.
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars is set to open Aug. 15, with all the familiar characters from the prequel trilogy and one big difference: The saga is computer-animated.

    The feature film, chronicling the wartime adventures of a pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker and mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi, takes place immediately before the events in 2005's Revenge of the Sith. It serves as a kickoff for the half-hour animated TV series planned for fall on Cartoon Network and TNT.
    "I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," creator George Lucas said in a statement. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation."

    In this film, Anakin and Obi-Wan are trying to hold together the galactic republic, split apart by war between a separatist robot army and the good-guy white-armored clones. (They later become the bad-guy Stormtroopers.)

    The Jedi also are aligned with a new studio. Though 20th Century Fox released the previous Star Wars movies, this film comes from Warner Bros., corporate sibling of Cartoon Network and TNT.

    Lucasfilm Animation is producing both the film and TV series and has created 30 episodes.

    Among revelations in the film: Anakin has a padawan (or Jedi apprentice) named Ahsoka, says Clone Wars director Dave Filoni, adding a new wrinkle to established lore.

    "George is our guide," Filoni says. "He's the creator of the Star Wars universe, so we couldn't have a better mentor."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ars-main_N.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  • #2
    Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

    Anakin has a Padawan? Um, ok...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

      Whaaaaaaaa????

      GEORGE LUCAS YOU STUPID PIG, STOP KILLING STAR WARS PLEASE! Just shut up, take your money like a good little Hutt, and stop inflicting your idiotic drivel on the public.

      Thanks!
      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
      sigpic



      Founding Member of the BA!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

        The trailer was awesome and I look forward to seeing the series. The last clone wars series was very cool and if this one is half as good it will be better than alot of what is on TV right now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

          Are the actors doing the voices or are they different?

          But Anakin having a Padawan ... WTFruit?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

            When is that douchebag going to stop? I feel like my beloved Star Wars has been turned into an exploited, cracked out street ho who Lucas is pimping out for as much money as he can make before it finally dies a slow and miserable death.

            Give it up man! Please, for the love of Yoda, just give it up!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

              Ok I get the series, but why a Movie, why not a TV movie, I dont want to pay 10 bucks to see a movie only good enough to be on TV.
              Happy Halloween!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                When is that douchebag going to stop? I feel like my beloved Star Wars has been turned into an exploited, cracked out street ho who Lucas is pimping out for as much money as he can make before it finally dies a slow and miserable death.

                Give it up man! Please, for the love of Yoda, just give it up!
                I loved Episode III, I had serious problem with I and II, but episode III is to me, "The Redemption of Lucas." If he keeps the quality up with these TV series I will be very pleased and excited. It is cool to have something Star Wars coming to theatres.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                  Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  Are the actors doing the voices or are they different?

                  But Anakin having a Padawan ... WTFruit?

                  Most likely it'll be the same actors in the animated series....so not the originals. This is a suprise for me... the movie better be good!!! But if it doesn't have John Williams music... it's already not gonna be as good.


                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                    Man if people are this upset over this series, imagine what will happen when they learn about the live action series that is supposed to come out next year. Really, it is happening.

                    Here is a link to the Clone Wars series trailer.
                    http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                      Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                      Man if people are this upset over this series, imagine what will happen when they learn about the live action series that is supposed to come out next year. Really, it is happening.

                      Here is a link to the Clone Wars series trailer.
                      http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html
                      At least with the live action series, it takes place between Episodes III and IV and is supposed to be centered around Boba Fett (re: Boba Fett: that's one of the rumours that I read).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                        Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                        At least with the live action series, it takes place between Episodes III and IV and is supposed to be centered around Boba Fett (re: Boba Fett: that's one of the rumours that I read).
                        It has been confirmed that Boba Fett will be a central character in the live action series. I just wish people would wait to judge the Clone wars series until it comes out. Just because it is meant for TV does not mean it will not be good. Toy Story 2 was supposed to be for home video and look how good it turned out. Of course Pixar was involved, but my point still has value.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                          they announced the T.V. series at least two and a half years ago, it's about time already. I don't care how I get my fix, just that I get it.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                            Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                            I loved Episode III, I had serious problem with I and II, but episode III is to me, "The Redemption of Lucas." If he keeps the quality up with these TV series I will be very pleased and excited. It is cool to have something Star Wars coming to theatres.
                            I agree. Episode 3 was a return to form. I liked a lot of Episode 2 as well.

                            And besides, he's not the only one writing this new series. Hopefully they get some good talent.
                            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

                              I'll let you in on a dark secret... I like Episode I more than Episode II. Yeah Jar Jar needed to be scaled back, but for some reason I just like I better than II.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X