X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag Rips Miley Cyrus, Dad For Not Buckling Up- AP- 2/12/08

Image Credit: Associated Press

In a blog item posted Monday, Consumer Reports magazine says 15-year-old superstar Miley Cyrus, who plays Hannah Montana on television, is seen in her new movie riding without a seat belt in the back seat of a Range Rover.

"It seems to us that Miley, her father and Disney had a perfect opportunity to help influence teens and counteract — rather than encourage — this trend," the blog item says.

I don't have any statistics here, but I think most seatbelt related deaths happen to front seat passengers, I could be wrong. I know in most states they can only ticket the front seat passengers for not wearing a seatbelt. Anyways, this seems a bit harsh to me. The media just can't wait to uncover the dirty secrets of Miley Cirus. And who can blame them, almost every other 'good girl' and role model out there has dissapointed (except for Hillary Duff, she seems to be pretty wholesome still).

The only sins she appears to be committing are fashion violations and poor choice of stylist (I am getting a little tired of seeing a 15 in super short skirts with tons of makeup, though her costumes in her concert tour are very cute and age appropriate).

Are they right to be pissed off? Will the wholesome image of Miley Ray prove to be a mere facade that will crumble into a tragedy of drugs and teen pregnancy?

Full story here: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...00451&GT1=7701
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 02-12-2008, 01:46 PM. Reason: add story link
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Re: Mag Rips Miley Cyrus, Dad For Not Buckling Up- AP- 2/12/08

It's a $20 fine for this in California. For breaking mandatory seatbelt laws not predicting potential downward public spirals.

BTW - Who thinks we'll see a PSA featuring one or the both of them in the near future since she'll be approaching Drivers License age soon enough?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

This is ridiculous! What is that makes Miley Cyrus the target of these pompous righteous do-gooders! Are they jealous? My goodness, she doesn't buckle her seatbelt in the movie and now every child who dies in an accident will be the fault of Miley Cyrus. For crying out loud, throw her in jail! Give her a room next to Britney's. Or, maybe take responsibility for your own child and buckle them up.

Dear Miley and Billy Ray, I would like to apologize for all the folks who seem to have way too much time and cannot appreciate the value of entertainment but must seek to always criticize, condemn and judge you for all the things you apparently do wrong. Please go on and enjoy your life.

(I feel much better now)

Comment

Miley's not wearing a seatbelt?! I guess that means that I shouldn't either! I'd better do everything she does because she's Miley! I don't have a brain to think for myself!

Wow. If this is the worst thing they can say about her, then thank God. At least the headlines aren't saying, "Miley Cyrus - Pregnant!"

Comment

I think that a bigger deal than is necessary was made out of it but shame on her and her dad for not buckling up! They should know better. Everyone should wear a seat belt, it's the safe and smart thing to do.

Comment

I think it's great that she's being "wholesome". Media also has gone crazy over what she does. I do think if your making a movie, the producer would catch a simple thing like a seat belt. Isn't it just something you do without thinking about (putting on a seatbelt)?
            However, I just think the craziest thing is what people pay to see her sing.
            I'll lip sync a Hannah Montana song and you can pay me what you pay for a ticket.

I think Hannah is over hyped.
            Yes, I love Disney and she's a Disney product, but I think it's all over done.

I do hope she can be one of the few Disney products that comes out still smelling pretty and wholesome.
            So far Lindsey, Brittney and Justin haven't done much to keep that going.
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
              I do hope she can be one of the few Disney products that comes out still smelling pretty and wholesome.
              So far Lindsey, Brittney and Justin haven't done much to keep that going.
              don't forget jamie lynn. oh wait that's nick.
              double d

Comment

Next week's story... Miley Cyrus only brushes her teeth ONCE a day instead of after every meal - what image is she sending children?? News at 11

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen View Post
                  I don't have any statistics here, but I think most seatbelt related deaths happen to front seat passengers, I could be wrong. I know in most states they can only ticket the front seat passengers for not wearing a seatbelt....
                  Just to claify this:

-In all crashes, back seat lap belts are 32 percent effective in reducing fatalities when compared to unrestrained back seat occupants. The effectiveness estimate is statistically significant with confidence bounds: 23 to 40 percent.
                  -In all crashes, back seat lap/shoulder belts are 44 percent effective in reducing fatalities when compared to unrestrained back seat occupants. The effectiveness estimate is statistically significant with confidence bounds: 38 to 50 percent.
                  -In all crashes, back seat lap/shoulder belts are 15 percent effective in reducing fatalities when compared to back seat lap belts. The effectiveness estimate is statistically significant with confidence bounds: 5 to 25 percent.
                  -At current belt use rates in the back seat, a passenger car fleet equipped entirely with lap/shoulder belts will have approximately 124 fewer fatalities per year than a fleet equipped only with lap belts (confidence bounds: 63 to 180).
                  -If belt use in the back seat increased to 100 percent, lap/shoulder belts could save an additional 515 lives.

Source:
                  http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...te/808945.html
                  sigpic
                  Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

question:

Are seat belt laws different if you are in a chauffeur driven auto?

Like, are you supposed to wear a safety belt in a limo?

Maybe their vehicle was considered a limo and the safety belt laws don't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                      So far Lindsey, Britney and Justin haven't done much to keep that going.
                      Between LL, BS, and JT - Justin seems to be the only normal one of the three. Why group him in this bulk of psycho druggie drunks?

Miley is 15, she should have known better to buckle up. Plain & simple.
                      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                        Between LL, BS, and JT - Justin seems to be the only normal one of the three. Why group him in this bulk of psycho druggie drunks?
                        Justin admited though that while he was being Punk'd/ during writing and recording of his first solo album he was smoking MJ a lot. That's why he was crying. He was trying to justify the whole crying thing in an interview. But that's nothing really...

This isn't anything really. I mean if you're sitting there watching her movie thinking "what is bad?" you can find anything. Hey look Miley is wearing clashing colors! Hey look Miley likes boys! Oh look Miley doesn't eat all her veggies! We've all been driving struggling to put our seatbelts on because the person driving didn't wait until everyone was buckled. Or we were thinking of a million different things, started to drive and realize we forgot about our seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by fairygoodmother View Post
                          question:

Are seat belt laws different if you are in a chauffeur driven auto?

Like, are you supposed to wear a safety belt in a limo?

Maybe their vehicle was considered a limo and the safety belt laws don't apply.

(d) (1) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are properly restrained by a safety belt. This paragraph does not apply to the operator of a taxicab, as defined in Section 27908, when the taxicab is driven on a city street and is engaged in the transportation of a fare-paying passenger. The safety belt requirement established by this paragraph is the minimum safety standard applicable to employees being transported in a motor vehicle. This paragraph does not preempt any more stringent or restrictive standards imposed by the Labor Code or any other state or federal regulation regarding the transportation of employees in a motor vehicle.
                          http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27315.htm
                          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

For once, I think the media was right to harp on this, here we have a person who can exert considerable influence on what is cool and not cool to today's tweens and teens. Wearing a seatbelt is a thing that is simple, easy and can save your life; yet she doesn't do it. Hopefully she'll make up for it with some PSAs.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                              BTW - Who thinks we'll see a PSA featuring one or the both of them in the near future since she'll be approaching Drivers License age soon enough?
                              I'm gonna put you down as a yes.

Hopefully she'll make up for it with some PSAs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X