Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder when the Disney Movie Club will go blu-ray?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder when the Disney Movie Club will go blu-ray?

Yesterday the, what appears to be semi-annual, mailer from The Disney Movie Club arrived and as I was taking out the sticker sheet I knew would be included I got to wondering when the club will go blu-ray.

I'm on the fence about when to get a player but if there is a good deal on the PS3 this Holiday season I will probably grab one.

If my purchase of a player and the club's switch to blu-ray are anywhere close to the same time I might have to join up to get my collection rolling.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Re: I wondere when the Disney Movie Club will go blu-ray?

Originally posted by Skawt View Post
    Yesterday the, what appears to be semi-annual, mailer from The Disney Movie Club arrived and as I was taking out the sticker sheet I knew would be included I got to wondering when the club will go blu-ray.

I'm on the fence about when to get a player but if there is a good deal on the PS3 this Holiday season I will probably grab one.

If my purchase of a player and the club's switch to blu-ray are anywhere close to the same time I might have to join up to get my collection rolling.
    They sell blu-ray now. And, the first of the "Classics", Sleeping Beauty, will be released in October on blu.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Skawt View Post
      When I bought my PS3 this year at Best Buy, I was hoping to use a Best Buy Reward Zone discount coupon on it. But they told me that PS3's are price protected, some agreement I guess Sony has for it with stores. Fortunately, I was using Christmas giftcards so I still got to offset my cost. However, there's always rumors about a possible price drop mid- to end of the year.

Comment

I finally took the plunge and got a PS3 as WalMart was offering a $100 gift card with purchase of any blu-ray player. I looked on the Disney Movie Club and do not see any blu-ray titles, hopefully that will change soon.

Picked up a couple of movies and am pretty impressed with the quality even on my TV which is far from top of the line (RCA 50" HDTV, old-school rear-projection but great picture except for glare). I am using the component cables for the PS3 as my TV only has one HDMI port and it is being used by the cable box.

So far I have only watched 'Cars', will try a live action movie today and see what the quality looks like.
        Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
        ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

^ Congrats on the PS3 purchase, Skawt! For live action flicks, I've found outdoor daylight scenes really kick on an HDTV screen. Check out "3:10 to Yuma" or "Planet Earth" if you can; they really showcase the awesomeness of HD for me. I actually bought "Yuma" at Wal-Mart when they had that $15 sale on Blu-rays.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X