Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-nu...,2483505.story

Although U.S. companies' international theme parks contain many of the elements that made them famous, they all have to adapt -- at least in some way -- to the local culture.

Consider Disney's learning experiences: When its Paris park opened, it banned alcohol but offered a variety of gourmet, sit-down restaurants. But Parisians wanted their Chardonnay -- and American fare.

"They wanted what Americans do: hot dogs," said Al Lutz, editor of the Disney fan website Miceage.com. "They want churros and popcorn and all that stuff. . . . [Companies] go into it a lot just learning, and they figure it out."
    More at the link
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

I'm curious, which of the international parks Al Lutz has visited?

Comment

Re: U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      Wow, how revolutionary!! This is in the newspaper today?? What a breaking story!!

Comment

Originally posted by Middlebrow View Post
        I'm curious, which of the international parks Al Lutz has visited?

Better yet, i wonder since when did Mr Lutz become so knowledgable of what foreign people want in a theme park. Or even when he became such in expert in starting up international parks.

When is LutzLAnd openeing in Dubai?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X