Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney On Ice Princess Wishes - Trip Report and Photos!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney On Ice Princess Wishes - Trip Report and Photos!!

So, my husband decides to take our daughters to Disney On Ice Princess Wishes while it was in town on Sunday. We had great seats, only 4 rows from the ice. While waiting for the show one of the arena attendants tells me that we are being used as a test market for alowing any photography and video taping, of course we didn't bring our video camera but I did bring my camera so I was thrilled. He also told me that there was a Disney Princess dress exhibit along with the show in the far corner of the second level of the arena so I went to check that out before the show. So happens we were the in test market for that as well and it was the first time they had done this in the tour of the show. I enjoyed this show. It ran about 2 hours with a short intermission. Lots of music, lots of characters, some acrobatics, even bubbles and fireworks were involved!

Let me just say it is really difficult to take pictures of fast moving objects on ice, in the dark even with a good camera. I took over 600 hundred shots but in my opinion only about 190 were any good. If you would like to see all of the decent/ok/good/not as blurry photos then click here.

Some of the princess dresses...

On my way back to my eat I notice the cotton candy at the snack stand has a foam Flounder at that comes with it! So cute! Of course byt the time I got back to our sseats my husband had bouthg this and was wearing that hat! As were most of the other men in the arena....what they won't do for their little princesses...

The show started with Tinkerbell conming out and using her pixie dust to bring everything to life!

Followed by Mickey and Minnie who do all the talking between stories to set them up.

First story is Aladdin...

This camel really spit water!

Aladdin comes down a rope across the ice as he is running from the guards...

Then it was Snow White's turn complete with the 7 Dwarves.

Up next is Belle, Lumiere and dancing cutlery wrapped in napkins...

Up next was The Little Mermaid...this was the longest segment of the show, starting before intermission and continuing on afterward.

Starts on the ship with Eric and the crew doing some acrobatics with a see-saw.

Under the sea...

Then Goofy shows up on the ice with a boat that some pre-chosen little girls get to ride around in on the ice with the characters...this leads up to the intermission.

Frolicking under the sea while bubbles rain down from the ceiling...

Now Ariel has human legs....all of my pics of Ursula, Flotsam and Jetsam came out terrible.

Dancing with Eric to Kiss the Girl...

Next was Mulan, they actually used a song from the second Mulan movie...

Next on to Sleeping Beauty....

The dragon actually "breathed" fire across the ice!

Goofy comes out to announce our next story but needs help remebering what it is from Tinkerbell...

Cinderella's stepsister's crash the ball!

Cinderella arrives!

All princess skate...

And Mickey and Minnie give Tinkerbell a seat of honor for hosting in the finale.

Originally posted by larasound
    am I the burrito man?

Re: Disney On Ice Princess Wishes - Trip Report and Photos!!

Nice pictures. Looks like a pretty good show.

Can't remember the last time I went to a show on ice.

Comment

i went to the incredibles on ice. my sisters went to this one though.
      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
      sigpic

Comment

ORWEN: Very nice pictures, Your Majesty. It's good to see that they let a wicked woman, such as yourself, out in public again after all the nasty things you've done over the years. I just have one question, though. How could you be part of the audience--watching the show with THEM--when you were part of the show, yourself?! I mean, did you just sit out in the audience whenever you weren't needed in the arena? And when did you ever learn how to ice skate?

Comment

How cute! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

It looks quite impressive. A co-worker who went commented that it was very reasonably priced for a show of its caliber.
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

We saw this in November, we really enjoyed the show too! Thanks for the pictures!

Comment

And WHERE is Pocahontas? And WHY is Mulan there?
                ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Wow!! The dress exhibit looks awesome!!!
                  Wish I could go but it already passed in california!!
                  This makes me want to go even more!!!
                  Thanks for the pics!!
                  Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                  Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

I went with my girlfriend (by the way, Disney on Ice is the perfect date destination) to that a month ago and both of us loved it. I was a little dissapointed with the short Beauty and the Beast segment. I still enjoyed it fully.

I was also wondering what song Mulan was singing. Now I know it's from the sequel. Thanks.

Great shots! Hope you had fun!
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                      ORWEN: Very nice pictures, Your Majesty. It's good to see that they let a wicked woman, such as yourself, out in public again after all the nasty things you've done over the years. I just have one question, though. How could you be part of the audience--watching the show with THEM--when you were part of the show, yourself?! I mean, did you just sit out in the audience whenever you weren't needed in the arena? And when did you ever learn how to ice skate?

Darling.....can you not astral project yourself to be in two places at once? Tsk-tsk! I must schedule a seminar in Morva!
                      am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                        It looks quite impressive. A co-worker who went commented that it was very reasonably priced for a show of its caliber.
                        Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                        I went with my girlfriend (by the way, Disney on Ice is the perfect date destination) to that a month ago and both of us loved it. I was a little dissapointed with the short Beauty and the Beast segment. I still enjoyed it fully.

I was also wondering what song Mulan was singing. Now I know it's from the sequel. Thanks.

Great shots! Hope you had fun!
                        It was a good show, well produced in my opinion. My 3 year old had an absolute blast! She was singing and clapping and bouncing in her seat.

I agree that the Beauty and Beast segment was too short, especially considering the prince is in the final group skate segment but no where else in the show. The song from Mulan is the first song in the sequel. The sequel opens with Mulan teaching some little girls some combat moves.
                        am I the burrito man?

Comment

ORGOCH: Just so happens, queenie, that Orwen ain't got no need ta astral-project her dang, fat self ta no place. She's already big 'nuff ta be all 'round the world at the same time!

Comment

And...WHERE WAS POCAHONTAS?

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW MULAN IS A PRINCESS???
                            ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X