Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julianne Moore as Ariel in the Disney Dream Portrait Series by Annie Leibovitz

CLICK HERE: http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/disney/32800/

Re: Julianne Moore as Ariel in the Disney Dream Portrait Series by Annie Leibovitz

I think it looks nice.
    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Re: Julianne Moore as Ariel in the Disney Dream Portrait Series by Annie Leibovitz

It lookslike any other generic "Mermaid" photograph... There's nothing that really says to me "This is Ariel! Look at her other undersea friends... There's Sebastian and Flounder!" But at leasst the undersea castle is there, that's a nice subtle touch.

The series, to me, feels like it's still going downhill... There are a few that have been very true to the original stories (Snow White, Cinderella, King Arthur), but then there are some that are like is THAT what that's supposed to be? (Pocahontas, Blue Fairy, and now Little Mermaid).

I vote they either get back on the original track, or just stop now.

Comment

Wow, I think it looks great.
        Julianne Moore seems like the perfect choice for Ariel.
        I think it looks awesome!
        wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867
        sigpic

Comment

Ariel is my favorite character and I'm glad they chose to do her. I think the shot looks fantastic!

Comment

I think it's beautiful and so is she!

But I get the nagging feeling I am looking at Ariel's mom...
            How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
            :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if this drives anyone to visit the parks though.

Comment

More likely to drive me to visit the aquarium...

If they had someone like her in the submarine ride - imagine what the lines would be!
                How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

I think Ms. Moore is a stunning beauty, and I think this is a lot better than the last batch.

Comment

I love all of this series, with exception of Jasmine and Aladdin. It felt more like "look J.LO!" then an homage to the characters.

Comment

While I agree she's beautiful, it's kind of generic. Could be any mermaid. I'm not sure what would make it better, since I don't like "oh look this is ARIEL" any better, but it seems off somehow.
                      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

It looks better than what I expected. I never considered Juilanne Moore to be Ariel, but she looks stunning. I guess adding Michael Phelps was a nice touch considering he's a professional swimmer.

I would still like to see Belle and Beast, and Pinnochio in this series.
                        sigpic
                        Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                          While I agree she's beautiful, it's kind of generic. Could be any mermaid. I'm not sure what would make it better, since I don't like "oh look this is ARIEL" any better, but it seems off somehow.
                          I agree, but I think its a GREAT photo. Maybe if it was a bit closer of her?
                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

i think isla fisher would have been better suited...she's got a younger feel, and Ariel is only 16.

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                              i think isla fisher would have been better suited...she's got a younger feel, and Ariel is only 16.
                              I think this series is to get adults involved with the excitement of going to Disney parks. How else would you explain Mikel Barishnikov as Peter Pan?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X