• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Angels and Demons' May 2009

Ewan McGregor eyes 'Demons' role

Ayeley Zurer joins Howard's 'Da Vinci' prequel

By Tatiana Siegel
    April 25, 2008

Israeli actress Ayelet Zurer has nabbed the female lead opposite Tom Hanks in Columbia Pictures' "Da Vinci Code" prequel "Angels & Demons."

Ewan McGregor is in talks to join the thriller, which is based on the Dan Brown best-seller.

McGregor is set to take on the role of a powerful Vatican insider who assists Langdon.

Story centers on religious art scholar Robert Langdon (Hanks), who once again finds himself entangled with powerful forces with ancient roots: the Illuminati -- the most powerful underground organization in history -- and the Catholic Church. Zurer will play Vittoria Vetra, an Italian scientist who joins forces with Langdon.

Ron Howard is directing from an Akiva Goldsman script.

Ewan McGregor in negotiations for 'Angels and Demons'

Apr 24, 2008, 07:03 PM
    by Nicole Sperling

Casting of Sony Pictures' Da Vinci Code prequel Angels and Demons is shaping up quickly. Ewan McGregor is in negotiations to take on the role of Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca, the Pope's closest aide, who helps Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) with his investigation. McGregor, who will be seen in Fox's Deception, opening Friday, is currently filming I Love You Philip Morris opposite Jim Carrey.

Angels and Demons is being directed by Ron Howard from a script by Akiva Goldsman. Brian Grazer and John Calley are producing. Filming is set to begin in Europe in June, with a May 2009 release date

'Angels and Demons' December 2008 - 10/24/07
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Angels and Demons' May 2009

Ugh. No more Tom Hanks. He and his grody hair ruined The Da Vinci Code for me. I was hoping someone else would get cast...but not if Ron Howard is directing. :botox:

*drools over the Ewan pics*

Huh? What?

*resumes drooling over the Ewan pics*

Anybody know when Dan Brown will be releasing the third Robert Langdon book? I thought it was supposed to be coming out sometime this year.

Vatican bans 'Da Vinci' sequel

'Angels' barred from churches

By Nick Vivarelli
          June 16, 2008

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

I'm reading it right now! I'll definately see it if Ewan is in it!
            I want my cake back!

I'm excited for this movie. Angels and Demons is much more exciting than DaVinci Code.

I too preferred this book to Da Vinci
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                DLR - October 2011

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.