This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Concert Hall -- photo trip report

This past weekend, a few hours of your time might have been spent much the same way as everyone else...sitting in a dark movie theater watching "Ironman". The film grossed more than $100 million in its first three days of domestic release. One of the pivotal scenes for character development takes place at the Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles. ***spoiler alert*** It's the scene where Tony Stark and Pepper share a dance at a Stark Industry charity event. ***end spoilers*** I had a chance to visit the concert hall over the weekend and took a few photos with my iphone. The hall is open to the public for tours at various times around the ticketed events that take place there. Although the actual inside auditorium is off limits for touring, except in summer months when the LA Philharmonic moves over to the Hollywood Bowl to perform, the lobby, gardens, terrace, and presentation halls are open for both a self-guided audio tour or a guided tour...all free by the way. So if you can't make it out to see the Disney Concert Hall, enjoy the following photo tour.

more to come...
    Last edited by Borris; 05-08-2008, 02:03 AM.

Re: Disney Concert Hall -- photo trip report

For more information about the Disney Concert Hall, go to http://www.disneyconcerthall.com/.

Comment

Beautiful pictures Borris. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to MiceChat!

Isn't the WDCH beautiful? It's even more amazing in person. I just wish they'd offer some Disney concerts throughout the year, instead of the occasional concert at Hollywood Bowl. Perhaps they're wanting to prove it's importance in the art and music world over the first several years instead of coming off like a Mickey Mouse theater?

Comment

gos, that building is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Love you Pictures
            WDCH really is beautiful...
            I :love: Donald Duck!

Comment

Those are wonderful pictures Borris! Thanks for posting them here. Here's something cool I learned about the Rose for Lilly fountain: sprinkled throughout the pieces of Delft China are the names of various designers and artists who worked on the fountain and gardens. They're kind of like hidden Mickeys, LOL! We had fun looking for them during our last visit.

Melinda Taylor designed the rooftop garden at The Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Comment

Great Pics!
                Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                sigpic

Comment

Stunning.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos of the Concert Hall.

Comment

I really enjoyed the angles in the pictures you took of the concert hall. Good stuff!

Comment

It is really beautiful. I got to see it from the outside but didn't get to see the inside. Even more than that I would love to hear a concert there some day. Hopefully...

Anyway, if I could add my two cents. I think Disney music should stay at the bowl. From what I understand the main reason it is called the Walt Disney Concert Hall is that Lillian Disney donated about $100 million (or some other similar astronomical figure) toward its construction. It is also my understanding that this venue has absolutely nothing to do with the Walt Disney Company other than the fact that it happens to be named after Walt Disney.

In my honest opinion, Disney music -- as beautiful as it is -- would unfortunately lessen the integrity of the Los Angeles Philharmonic if performed in this venue, so this programming should be kept at the Hollywood Bowl.

Again, just my two cents...

Comment

What a gorgeous building! Thank you so much for sharing your photos.
                        "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                        - Walt Disney

Comment

Great photos-thanks for sharing!

Comment

amazing. Thanks soooooooo much for Sharing! It's even more beautiful then I imagined.

Comment

Love the pics. I really want to visit the Concert Hall one day. First I just need to get back out to Los Angeles. I am atcually wearing a t-shirt with the Concert Hall on it right now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X