X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizable Mickey Mouse ears coming to Disneyland - LA Times, 5/12/08

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal...1859#more-1859

DisneylandHannah MontanaHigh School Musical in Florida began selling the customizable ears in March, the Orlando Sentinel reported. (View photo gallery.)

Custom mouse ears start at $9.95 and go up in price depending on the number of add-ons. Hand-embroidered names cost $3.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Customizable Mickey Mouse ears coming to Disneyland - LA Times, 5/12/08

welcome to the world of really tacky hats!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Hand embroidered??? Don't they mean COMPUTER embroidered.....
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I was excited when I first learned of this but when checked it out I was a little disappointed. The ears ($2.50/each or more) snap on to the actual hat part. While looking at the selections for ears I could not find shiny ones (similar look to the gold ears, but with light purple or white) without large scratches. The patch selection was quite limited and it was clear their audience was the old kid/tween group because HM and HSM was well represented. At the patch station there is a sticker to "reserve for name." I was looking for a basic MMC type logo but fell up short. Hopefully they will continue to add more options to this. I will take photos this week to share.

I should also note that WDW has removed hand-stitching 100% from the ears. I would pay more for it. Despite the lack of personal touch, it is now it is VERY difficult to read names on the back as the thread is quite thin. I think this is one change done to reduce the margin for error, but still -- who wants to pay more to put their name on ears so no one can see it anyway?

Comment

AWESOME! I just hope they make their way on over to WDW!

Comment

This sounds interesting! :o

Hopefully I will get to go over the summer, and get me a custom hat.

Comment

Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
              They are already there.
              Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I was excited about this, but now looking at the actual product my excitement had died down. The sparkly purplish mouse ears I bought some days ago are much better then anything I can put together from the options offered.

Comment

At DisneyGallery dot Com, they have had these announced for months, but it's been delayed for a rather long time. Here's the link.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

^ Thanks for the link Aladdin!
                    Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
                    If you check out my post directly above yours it will talk about the location at Magic Kingdom that opened in March.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                      I was excited about this, but now looking at the actual product my excitement had died down. The sparkly purplish mouse ears I bought some days ago are much better then anything I can put together from the options offered.
                      I have to agree with this. Those ears were so cute. Where did you find them and were they in any other color?
                      "If you think about it, Disneyland is just a people trap set by a mouse." :lol:

Comment

I like that it can be personalized more, just hope that with time they add more choices etc. They should use a computer system like they do for prints at World of Disney in DTD, this would enable them the ability of endless combinations and make people much happier.
                        sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                          They are already there.
                          FA-BU-LO-US!!! :vogue:

Comment

HID-E-OUS

(ah, but if it makes ya happy then have at it)

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
                              HID-E-OUS

(ah, but if it makes ya happy then have at it)
                              I will. :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X