• Show
Clear All

• 'Prince of Persia' 6/16/09

Jake Gyllenhaal crowned 'Prince of Persia'

Gemma Arterton also in video game adaptation

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    May 20, 2008, 02:19 PM

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton will star in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' adaptation of Ubisoft's popular video game. Mike Newell is directing.

In the fantasy adventure, Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Doug Miro & Carlo Bernard, Jordan Mechner and Boaz Yakin wrote the script, which is based on the many games created by Jordan Mechner.

Bruckheimer is producing, while Mike Stenson, Chad Oman and Patrick McCormick are exec producing.

Production is set to start in July.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...2991650c330fad

Disney, Bruckheimer talking 'Prince of Persia' with Mike Newell -11/7/07
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...=prince+persia
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Prince of Persia'

2/20/08

Disney is the second studio to make a multitude of changes. It rejiggered release dates for titles including action-adventure "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," which will now open June 16, 2009, instead of July 10, 2009.

The move means that "Prince of Persia" will open ahead of Par's "Transformers 2" (June 26, 2009) and "Ice Age III" (July 1, 2009) vs. bowing in their wake.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Re: 'Prince of Persia' 6/16/09

I dunno. Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure a "prince of Persia" is going to be a white American named Jake. But at least they picked a good actor.
      "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
      1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Interesting choice... I would have liked Orlando better, but it's better than a certain Efron that was rumored.

Comment

It's interesting they chose Mike Newell, the director from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. But...it's better than getting a big name.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I know this doesn't relate to the thread, but that Stones video cannot go w/out comment...do you think Mick cringes at the jazzercise segments? I doubt he does, but I do! I've always liked that song myself though

Comment

Alfred Molina joins 'Prince of Persia'

Actor joins Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley

By Michael Fleming
              Variety
              June 2, 2008

Alfred Molina will join Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton and Ben Kingsley in Disney's "Prince of Persia," the Mike Newell-directed adaptation of the Ubisoft fantasy actioner. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

Molina will play Sheik Amar, who becomes a mentor to the prince.

Shooting is slated to begin in July in the U.K. and Morocco.
              http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Comment

Prince of Persia Pushed Back a Year

Source: ComingSoon.net
                July 31, 2008

Walt Disney Pictures has moved the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time out of its June 19, 2009 release date spot (which would have been a week before Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is opening) and has pushed it back almost a year to May 28, 2010, which is the week after Shrek Goes Fourth is scheduled and a week before Marvel Studios' Thor.

With Memorial Day being observed on May 31, 2010, the movie would have a four day opening, unless it debuts earlier in the week.

The Mike Newell-directed video game adaptation stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina and Ben Kingsley. Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47479

Comment

Christmas 2008.....June 2009.....May 2010.......

I wonder if I'll be finished College by the time this is released?
                  I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

Posted: Thurs., Jul. 31, 2008, 9:00pm PT

Disney pushes 'Persia' to 2010

Studio wants to allow time for post-production

Bruckheimer

By Pamela McClintock
                    Variety

Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer have pushed back the release of fantasy actioner "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" by nearly a year, from June 19, 2009, to Memorial Day weekend 2010.

Officially, Disney said it wants to allow plenty of time for post-production considering that the tentpole will require extensive special effects to create its fantasy world and setpieces.

In addition, however, the move takes "Prince of Persia" out of the path of "Transformers 2Prince of Persia," which they are hoping turns into a mega-franchise, along the lines of "Pirates of the Caribbean," that can feed the entire Disney empire, from sequels to potential TV or direct-to-DVD spinoffs, merchandise and Disney theme-park attractions.
                    The Proposal" from September 2009 to June 19, 2009. Counterprogramming in the heart of summer with female-skewing titles has become a potential goldmine, with Disney looking to continue that trend.

Disney also has dated "Jonas Brothers 3-D Concert Movie" for Feb. 27, 2009.
                    http://www.variety.com/VR1117989907.html

Comment

Why am I JUST learning about this??? I LOVE that game!!! :yea:

I hope they do a good job on it...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa- wait a sec! The Prince (in the videogame, named The Prince) has a name now...? Ah, oh well. Here's to you Disney! Please don't make another live action film that makes me embarassed to call myself a fan! :ap:

Comment

Do yourself a favor and check out the photos, thank you Jerry Bruckheimer - take as much time as you need!

Here's the Prince of Persia!
                        http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47872

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X