This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Bad Rep for Opinions?

So I have gotten three bad reps from this one thread that has two sides of people arguing and I have gotten bad rep for posts that are just my opinion on the topic (what the forums are for) and yet I still get more and ore bad rep and I feels pretty crappy to feel like they can attack and I can do nothing about it....for the most part i get good rep but threads like this bump my reputation down and want to know if we can contact Mods or Admins about getting bad rep removed if we can show that are comments are not disrespectful just that we disagree with them that we should get bad rep,
    Happy Halloween!!!

Re: Getting Bad Rep for Opinions?

You can always feel free to contact a moderator if you feel have received improper reputation points and have us look into specific cases. One of us (staff members) will be contacting you directly after we have a chance to look into this issue and discuss the circumstances. Thank you for your understanding! If you have any further questions, please feel free to note me.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 10-11-2011, 05:19 PM.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

all the time. Just don't respond honestly...always positive...

Comment

^yeah or just agree that everything old is better than anything new

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
        You can always feel free to contact a moderator if you feel have received improper reputation points and have us look into specific cases. One of us (staff members) will be contacting you directly after we have a chance to look into this issue and discuss the circumstances. Thank you for your understanding! If you have any further questions, please feel free to note me.
        And thank you for your very fast response
        Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 10-11-2011, 06:54 PM.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Definitely contact a moderator. The FAQ outlines specific reasons why a post should be marked Unhelpful.

Comment

I never understood the rep points system, it does nothing but punish and reward folks for having popular (or unpopular) opinions. Whos to say my unpopular opinion is less "helpful" than someone elses more popular opinion? its pretty silly in my opinion, I respect the law of the land, it is what it is, but I just disagree with it
            Last edited by BuenaVista28; 10-11-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
              I never understood the rep points system, it does nothing but punish and reward folks for having popular (or unpopular) opinions. Whos to say my unpopular opinion is less "helpful" than someone elses more popular opinion? its pretty silly in my opinion, I respect the law of the land, it is what it is, but I just disagree with it
              This has long been a concern, but is not the intent of the system. When it was reintroduced a thread was started and a lot of this was discussed and answered.
              http://micechat.com/forums/forums/15...eputation.html

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                This has long been a concern, but is not the intent of the system. When it was reintroduced a thread was started and a lot of this was discussed and answered.
                http://micechat.com/forums/forums/15...eputation.html
                I totally understand the intent of the system, the site mods want to limit the amount of attacks on the forums,which is well-intentioned and overall a good plan. However, the system does not really police bad behavior, more often it just punishes those that dont have popular opinions, So in turn they have to wear the "unhelpful" tag everywhere they go on the boards,like a big dunce cap.

At any rate, the rep system was brought about with good intentions, its just unfortunate it rarely accomplishes what it was originally set to do, and to be honest it does the exact thing its set out to prevent,which is hurt people's feelings.

Comment

Well I understand what a helpful post is......something like sharing a video...a REALLY good post (a detailed review or maybe sharing some info)

But yeah...like Buena Vista said really the poplar opinions are accepted while unpopular ones are brought with giving someone bad rep.

I have yet to give bad rep because I have not seen ONE post I would consider a threat or against the forums/a member. Just annoying when you have GOOD rep but then a few jerks don't like what your saying then bring your rep down
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Right you are, lazyboy970!

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    So I have gotten three bad reps from this one thread that has two sides of people arguing and I have gotten bad rep for posts that are just my opinion on the topic (what the forums are for) and yet I still get more and ore bad rep and I feels pretty crappy to feel like they can attack and I can do nothing about it....for the most part i get good rep but threads like this bump my reputation down and want to know if we can contact Mods or Admins about getting bad rep removed if we can show that are comments are not disrespectful just that we disagree with them that we should get bad rep,
                    If any of you ever have concerns about rep you have gotten, write directly to a moderator. We are happy to look at your situation and correct rep if it has been given incorrectly given. Jerrod, I'm sending you a note in just a moment about your questions about your rep.

Originally posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
                    The rules specifically forbid "Agree" and "Disagree" rep. If you've gotten it, again contact a mod, since we don't allow the discussion of a specific member problem rep on the open boards.

I'm going to close this thread and ask that you want to continue the conversation by posting general questions, you do so in this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/forums/15...eputation.html

Thanks!
                    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X