This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription notifications getting rejected by recipient mail server

Yesterday, I made my first post in a long while subscribing to the thread and asking for instant notification. A reply was made but no notification. Since I am also my mail server's administrator, I was able to see what was going on. The notifications were getting to my mail server but were being rejected because the domain (web1.micechat.com) of the sending address (nobody@web1.micechat.com) does not exist.

Rejecting mail claiming to be from non-existent domains is a common anti-spam technique in mail servers. To improve the chances of these notifications being delivered, the domain web1.micechat.com MUST exist in the Domain Name System (DNS).

For the admins, here is the redacted log entry from my end (mail server is Postfix):
    Nov 19 06:24:03 myserver postfix/smtpd[31644]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[204.61.222.23]: 450 4.1.8 <nobody@web1.micechat.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<nobody@web1.micechat.com> to=<user@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<web1.micechat.com>

-- Larry

Re: Subscription notifications getting rejected by recipient mail server

I've added it to our DNS. It may take up to 24 hours to propagate.

Thanks for the report!
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Re: Subscription notifications getting rejected by recipient mail server

Thanks for fixing that! My logs say the name is now resolving.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X