This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantly Logging Out!!!!

I'm having serious problems staying connected to MC while at work. It seems like every time I click on a link, or try to reply to a thread, or even click on a forum header, I get logged out! Its driving me batty!

I've checked to see if my system is deleting cookies automatically, and as far as I can tell, its not.

I'm using Avant Browser (which is an IE skin of sorts) and RoboForm to fill out passwords and stuff. I have everything configured here the same way I do at home, but I keep getting logged out!

Help me! This is really annoying!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: Constantly Logging Out!!!!

Try clearing your cookies. That helps with board issues sometimes.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
      Try clearing your cookies. That helps with board issues sometimes.
      I have done that. Besides, I've only been on this particular computer one day!!!!

This is really annoying!

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Get the hint!

Kidding
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tui
          Get the hint!

Kidding

:beg: I'll die without MC!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can you use an alternative browser like Firefox? Else, when you feel more comfortable and can find a work-related excuse, perhaps you can ask the IT dept./guy/crab if there's some sort of setting that needs to be changed.

Comment

I like Avant Browser, but I was having weird issues like that - that's why I switched to Firefox.

I loves me some Firefox!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fastpassmountain
                Can you use an alternative browser like Firefox? Else, when you feel more comfortable and can find a work-related excuse, perhaps you can ask the IT dept./guy/crab if there's some sort of setting that needs to be changed.
                Well I've never used FireFox and I fear change. I'll test drive firefox at home before doing it here at work.

IT guy/crab.... you're a funny one!

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod
                  I like Avant Browser, but I was having weird issues like that - that's why I switched to Firefox.

I loves me some Firefox!
                  But does FireFox do the cool forward backward thing with the mouse buttons like Avant does? That's the whole reason why I love Avant so much! Well that and the google search from the toolbar.

Strangely enough, I'm not having problems with staying logged into any of the vBulletin boards that I use for work. Only MC!

Comment

You mean the side mouse buttons, right? Firefox does allow that, and I think there is an extention that actually will let you use mouse gestures to navigate the web.

Firefox is infinitely more customizable then Avant. I have an extention that allows me to control Winamp from the bottom bar of Firefox...and there are HUNDREDS more!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and you can also Google search from Firefox's toolbar, too, and add other ones - like Food Network!
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually the mouse trick I was talking about is where you can click the buttons quickly in order to go back or forward one page in the current window. If I click right-left quickly, it is the same as clicking the back button on the tool bar. Its just TOOOOOOOO hard to move the pointer all the way up there and click!

Comment

FYI: Some work networks don't support persistant cookies (especally behind a proxy server).

Alternativly, you can login from: http://www.micechat.com/forums/login.php - That may help.
                          -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
                            FYI: Some work networks don't support persistant cookies (especally behind a proxy server).

Alternativly, you can login from: http://www.micechat.com/forums/login.php - That may help.
                            How can I tell if we've got a proxy server at the office?

Comment

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                              How can I tell if we've got a proxy server at the office?
                              Check your browser's settings to see if it is being routed thru a different IP address. Sorry, don't know how to do it in your browser, but in IE it's under tools, internet options, connections, lan settings.

Hope that helps!
                              "Search the boat...."
                              First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
                              There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                              - visit the MiceChat store
                              - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                              Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X