This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Log Out!

This is driving me crazy and I thought it was a one time thing but its not. I cant seem to log out of Micechat at work. I used to just click the "log off" button and bam I was off. Now when I do that, it says I'm logged off and everything, and when I bring the browser back up and log into Micechat I'm still logged in.

Something is wrong here. What's the dilly-o??

Re: I Can't Log Out!

<Dory voice>Boy I'll bet that's frustrating.</end Dory>
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
    sigpic

Comment

you will have to clear your cookies manually, same thing happened to me.

Comment

More input!

Comment

<tools> <internet options> <delete cookies>

(love the Short Circuit reference)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

http://www.micechat.com/forums/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0

it's under FAQ

Comment

Um, why do you want to log out? I knew you didn't love us, anymore!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
              Mark Twain

Comment

You can't log out. You're stuck here forever. No lurker status for you... Hahahahahahahahaha!
                :lol:

Comment

You can't log out because.....I NEVER WANT YOU TO LEAVE ME!!!!

Comment

Well I dont want to leave it logged ON on my work computer because I dont want my coworkers or boss lurking on my computer seeing all the nice things Ive said in certain areas. Might give them a swelled head

The full on cookies clearing worked but I never had to do that before. What up wit dat?

Comment

Normally you want it to set a cookie so you DON'T have to manually log on each time you visit - you just click on a reply link, and the MC server pulls cookies and automatically logs you in each time.

Where this is a problem is when you log in from any 'public' computer - at work, an internet cafe or library, a friend's house, or a machine at home that is shared with the wife and kids.

On those 'public' machines you'll have to turn off or clear cookies or otherwise tell it to NOT remember you between visits, and log in the hard way each time - or risk one of your kids or co-workers logging in as you and causing all sorts of mischief.

And then you get into keystroke-loggers that can steal all your usernames and passwords on unprotected public machines, and corporate 'employee internet usage policy' spying monitoring...

--<< Bruce >>--
                      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman
                        Where this is a problem is when you log in from any 'public' computer - at work, an internet cafe or library, a friend's house, or a machine at home that is shared with the wife and kids.
                        TIP: If you ever think you forgot to logout somewhere, change your password. The MD5 cache wont match, and the cookie will be invalid.
                        -Monorail Man

Comment

Resistance is futile.

(You're logged on at work, eh? Verrrrry intersting!)

:whistling
                          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                          -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X