Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing thread?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disappearing thread?

    Re: Lance Bass: I'm Gay - People 7/26/06 - in the All Entertainment forum of MiceChat.

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...812#post791812

    What's the story? Thread seems to have been deleted.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

  • #2
    Re: Disappearing thread?

    That thread developed a 'Debate' nature and was moved to the Debate lounge that is only viewable to members of Mice Chat Gold.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disappearing thread?

      Go commerce.

      Meh.
      So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disappearing thread?

        I did it on purpose to make you sign up for Gold :evil:

        )

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disappearing thread?

          No, I think you did it because you compared being openly Gay to displaying a Confederate flag on a car.

          Are all threads subject to removal to pay status if the conversation becomes "debate"? Is it in the financial interest of the board for moderators to participate in "debate" thereby necessitating a move to pay status? Before a thread is moved to the litterbox, where it is still accessible, a moderator has made an effort to bring the thread back in line. In this case, a thread was made inaccessible with no notification to the participants whatsoever.

          I thought pay status was for the formation of private clubs and extra PM privileges. Not the limitation of allowable conversation.
          So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disappearing thread?

            Really Lance Bass is gay? Wow! I would have never known he was gay until he came out! He just doesn't look the part! Wow! Would have never known!




















            <hint of sarcasm>

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disappearing thread?

              Originally posted by Soulquarian
              I did it on purpose to make you sign up for Gold :evil:

              )
              That bites. Doesn't make me want to sign up for Gold any more or less. Oh well...another thread bites the dust for everyone who can't afford to go "Gold"! :sleep:
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disappearing thread?

                Originally posted by Gn2Dlnd
                No, I think you did it because you compared being openly Gay to displaying a Confederate flag on a car.

                Are all threads subject to removal to pay status if the conversation becomes "debate"? Is it in the financial interest of the board for moderators to participate in "debate" thereby necessitating a move to pay status? Before a thread is moved to the litterbox, where it is still accessible, a moderator has made an effort to bring the thread back in line. In this case, a thread was made inaccessible with no notification to the participants whatsoever.

                I thought pay status was for the formation of private clubs and extra PM privileges. Not the limitation of allowable conversation.
                Good point but no, I can assure you, that none of what MiceChat does is for the financial "Gain" of the site but merely to keep it running. The thread was moved because it devolved into a debate. Hence it was moved to the Debate Lounge in MC Gold where the content is for 18 and over members to say anything they care to say as long as it doesn't violate the community guidlines(personal attacks, name calling, trolling). Thee mods didn't close the thread so much as they moved it to the appropriate forum where the discussion could continue.

                There was, at one time, a debate lounge in the non-pay section of MiceChat and I actually thought we still had it. I can't really tell you why it isn't there anymore.
                "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                Homer Jay Simpson


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disappearing thread?

                  Yeah, those MiceChat Mods are rolling in the dough, throwing handfulls of quarters in the air and singing "I'm in the money"
                  St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

                  "Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disappearing thread?

                    Originally posted by thejoshualee
                    Yeah, those MiceChat Mods are rolling in the dough, throwing handfulls of quarters in the air and singing "I'm in the money"
                    WHO TOLD YOU!?!?! :lmao:
                    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                    Homer Jay Simpson


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disappearing thread?

                      Oh, I know. And if you don't want any... unfortunate accidents showing up on MiceChat, then you better higher some protection.

                      Me, for example.
                      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

                      "Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disappearing thread?

                        Publically there was only the litter box- then gold created the Debate and gilded litter box.

                        Oh well-another thread bites the dust for some of us. I'm gold- I just refuse to loiter in those forums.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disappearing thread?

                          :ot:

                          "MiceChat Gold" costs, oh, around 30 cents a day... a small price to pay for everything you get, and all the work that goes into this site. For me, it's about the best 30 cents I spend all day.

                          Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

                          --Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disappearing thread?

                            By the way, I moved it - SoulQ didn't.

                            The Debate Lounge is one of four "public" Gold lounges. A while back, it was decided that we didn't want MiceChat to be a place of political/lifestyle debates, so we created a special place for those topics to be discussed. It helps to prevent an influx of trolls who just post in only those types of discussions. Someone isn't going to pay $12 a year just to troll a thread and rile people up. Hence why the forum was placed in Gold. However, it is a very active forum with all kinds of debatable topics.
                            disneyphile@gmail.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disappearing thread?

                              Originally posted by Radiobarry
                              :ot:

                              "MiceChat Gold" costs, oh, around 30 cents a day... a small price to pay for everything you get, and all the work that goes into this site. For me, it's about the best 30 cents I spend all day.

                              Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

                              --Barry
                              Not even that. It's $1 a month. So, you might have meant 3 cents.
                              disneyphile@gmail.com

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X