Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food, Glorious Food! The D23 take on California Adventure's Food and Wine Festival

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food, Glorious Food! The D23 take on California Adventure's Food and Wine Festival

D23 has posted a story about this year's Food and Wine Festival at Disney's California Adventure park. It is one of their longer, more in depth articles. I enjoyed hearing from Michael Jordan, general manager and master sommelier of the Disneyland Resort, as well as about the theme and changes to the festival.

Food and Wine Festival is one of the highlights of the year for me and I'm always eager to hear about what's going on.
    I had no idea that Pixar's and Imagineering's very own John Lasseter is a wine maker!

Lobster dog's anyone?

The full story is available on D23: D23 | Disney.com

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Food, Glorious Food! The D23 take on California Adventure's Food and Wine Festiva

They bought a winery located in the Glen Ellen area in Sonoma in April 2003.
    They'll be at the event this weekend.

Lasseter Family Winery
    Last edited by ALIASd; 04-28-2009, 04:44 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Re: Food, Glorious Food! The D23 take on California Adventure's Food and Wine Festiva

Whats happened to the D23 website its picked it up a notch and is offering some good content on a more regular basis now. I have always enjoyed the site but over the last few days I've notice a lot more content being added and I hope it continues. The DCA Food and Wine Festival was a good read and I also enjoyed the recent article Celebrate a Street Party.

As for the upcoming, potentially sizzling summer months: "We have some modifications as it gets hotter and hotter to give them a bit of a break and still keep the show up for Guests." Denny notes the characters, whose costumes can become pretty warm, will receive a respite. "The characters have choreography on the float and they do a lot of rotations. So we may keep them on the float still in that position but they would wave instead of doing the choreography. They average Guest wouldn't notice that. And they still see the character." Denny adds with a laugh, "I would notice it, and I want it to get cooler so they can do the choreography again!"
      D23 | Disney.com
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
        They bought the Glen Ellen winery in Sonoma in April 2003.
        They'll be at the event this weekend.

Lasseter Family Winery
        I'll do my best to see him. From what I understand, he drinks wine out of a box in the Dream Suite. Let's hope he is as knowledgeable about wine in an actual bottle. Really, he could drink wine out of a paper cup and he'd still be my hero.

Seems to be a lot of folks associated with Disney who have wineries these days.
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
          They bought the Glen Ellen winery in Sonoma in April 2003.
          John and Nancy Lasseter bought a relatively small winery from Chalone Winery. The winery is located in Glen Ellen, which is in California's Sonoma County.

They did not buy the Glen Ellen Winery, a huge winery owned by The Wine Group, Inc. (which also owns Franzia, Corbett Canyon, Fish Eye, Mogen David, and number of other wine brands).
          Werner Weiss
          Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Originally posted by Werner Weiss View Post
            John and Nancy Lasseter bought a relatively small winery from Chalone Winery. The winery is located in Glen Ellen, which is in California's Sonoma County.
            Left out the word area, thanks. Did not mean to imply otherwise.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

wine and food.. yum.. this is my kind of festival..
              just do what you think...

Comment

Originally posted by whitealexander View Post
                wine and food.. yum.. this is my kind of festival..
                LOL me too. I make a point of visiting almost every weekend of the Food and Wine event at California Adventure, and we ALWAYS make a trip to Florida in the Fall for their event as well.

Find us on Facebook:

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                  I'll do my best to see him. From what I understand, he drinks wine out of a box in the Dream Suite. Let's hope he is as knowledgeable about wine in an actual bottle. Really, he could drink wine out of a paper cup and he'd still be my hero.

Seems to be a lot of folks associated with Disney who have wineries these days.
                  I think you would get a kick out of this interview Dusty:

FT.com / Columnists / Lunch with the FT - Lunch with the FT: John Lasseter

Looking forward to enjoying the festival in late May. I will wear out my shoes on the Wine Tour.
                  "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X