This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo 2010

I was wondering if there is going to be a D23 Expo in 2010? Where will it be? When will it be?
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Re: D23 Expo 2010

I believe Disney has the Anaheim Convention Center booked for four years. Then they might consider taking it on the road, but it may always stay in Anaheim.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
      I believe Disney has the Anaheim Convention Center booked for four years. Then they might consider taking it on the road, but it may always stay in Anaheim.
      It certainly makes the most sense to keep it in Anaheim; the Convention Center's next door to the park (good for business) and the area probably has the greatest concentration of Disney fans.

It would be cool, though, if they had the expo on WDW property every few years, perhaps at the Coronado Springs convention center.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
        It certainly makes the most sense to keep it in Anaheim; the Convention Center's next door to the park (good for business) and the area probably has the greatest concentration of Disney fans.

It would be cool, though, if they had the expo on WDW property every few years, perhaps at the Coronado Springs convention center.
        I believe that is the original plan. The first few years will be in Anaheim, then it will move to Florida at least one year. I think they are right now taking a wait and see approach to how well it goes, and if it is successful eventually may alternate between the two coasts for Expo years.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I would say the area also has the greatest location of people from the Disney studios/Hollywood types...?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
            It's probably also the easiest way to get talent to appear - both Hollywood stars and Disney legends and legends-to-be alike. I don't mind going to Anaheim, but a convention in Florida someday would be fun, too.

Comment

I wish they'd schedule it a bit later in the year so I can go to a Ducks game while I'm there!

The Ducks are my second-favorite team (Caps first) and I've only been in the area once. At least they won the game I saw.

Comment

I hope they announce next years dates at this year's Expo. Would be a BIG help with planning! And hopefully it doesn't interfere with Botcon!
                With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

COMICCON has always been in San diego , so I anticipate just like comic con D23 will only stay in Anaheim it just makes sense. Especially since more locals draw to this resort than wdw. If they do it any disneyworld I doubt they will draw the crowds than they can on the westcoast.. but than again we will have to wait and see what happens on thursday.

Comment

I can't come this year. I'm missing the Expo by ONE DAY!!!
                    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Hopefully next year it won't be so close to Labor Day! (Though labor day weekend would be great!)
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I think that the best time to have the next D23 Expo would be either for 2 weeks in the last week of May, during the WOC opening, the first week of october, or the week before Christmas.

Comment

Wow! Can't believe this question is being asked so soon. But it is good to hear they are possibly planning to keep it in Anaheim for 4 years. Give the group a chance to establish itself. And I'm sure they were trying to pick a time during the year that is a little more quiet at DL. Mid September is a pretty good choice. And most tv shows are filming in September, so it makes is easier to put in some celebrities during the weekend. Summer crowds have left, Most schools are in session.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Sadly I cant make it this year but Im already starting to save my money for next year!! I will be there even if I have to drive myself (Im only 15) I cant wait!!!
                            "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Now I understand that "Blue Sky" means "No limits, nothing is a bad idea, everything is possible," along with "May never happen." But I prefer to define it this way: "Blue Sky = Hope." Unknown Author

Comment

I am 16, Disguy. And this happened at the Star Wars Celebration IV. I went, but they said that there would be one this year, but it NEVER happened. Hopefully there is one next year, or we will start a petition to MAKE Disney have one!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X