This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Twenty-three Magazine Summer Issue Info

This press release went out from D23 with info on the next issue of the magazine. While there will not be a gift with this issue, I've been told that they WILL still be doing free gifts with future issues, though it may not be with all new issues. As has been noted in other threads in this forum, this issue will have three different covers.

DISNEY TWENTY-THREE PREVIEWS TOY STORY 3 IN
    SUMMER ISSUE, FEATURING THREE COLLECTOR COVERS
    All-New Issue Also Features Exclusive Sneak Peeks of
    and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,
    and Explores the History and Future Global Plans for
    Fantasmic!
    Disney twenty-three Toy Story 3.

For the first time in its history, Disney twenty-three has created a split run of three covers, featuring three of the most popular characters from the Toy Story movies: Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie. Magazines will be shipped directly to Gold-level members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans; Disney twenty-three

Fifteen pages of Disney twenty-three

• Interviews with Nicolas Cage, Jake Gyllenhaal and Jerry Bruckheimer;
    • Photos of such new Toy Story 3
    • Behind-the-scenes photos from the making of Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time;
    • Toy Story 3.

While Disney movies are a major part of the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three, the magazine brings many more discoveries from the entire world of Disney.

A five-page article reveals the history of the enormously popular Fantasmic!Fantasmic! at Tokyo DisneySea in Japan.

Additional features in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three include:

• An in-depth look at the documentary Waking Sleeping Beauty
    • Introductions to professional Disney photographers, who share some of the extraordinary images they have taken during their careers.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Disney Twenty-three Magazine Summer Issue Info

as a hobbyist photographer myself, im looking forward to that feature on disney photographers

Comment

Is there an ETA on issues yet? I may be imagining things, but I thought I had heard that they went to press last month and I thought some people had received it weeks ago. Then again that may have been on D23's Facebook page, so who knows who those commenters were...

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
        as a hobbyist photographer myself, im looking forward to that feature on disney photographers
        Paul Hiffmeyer's work can be seen on the Disneyland blog (and on the People magazine website pretty much bi-weekly). His overhead shot of the Partners statue is just wonderful.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Any news on when the Summer issue's will start shipping, and what the free gift will be this time around?
          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

They said that the D23 Magazine is also available at select B&N and Borders bookstores, right?

If that's the case, then this might be my first D23 Magazine. I really want to pick this up, mostly because of the article talking about Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
              Paul Hiffmeyer's work can be seen on the Disneyland blog (and on the People magazine website pretty much bi-weekly). His overhead shot of the Partners statue is just wonderful.
              Thanks. I've seen some of his work on that blog and it's just marvelous. The partners shot is one of my favorites.

Originally posted by Malin View Post
              Any news on when the Summer issue's will start shipping, and what the free gift will be this time around?
              Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I thought d23 issued a statement some time back that a free gift will not be given with this issue

Comment

Originally posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
                Is there an ETA on issues yet? I may be imagining things, but I thought I had heard that they went to press last month and I thought some people had received it weeks ago. Then again that may have been on D23's Facebook page, so who knows who those commenters were...
                Okay, now I just saw the issue at Borders yesterday. Has everyone else received theirs yet?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I thought d23 issued a statement some time back that a free gift will not be given with this issue
                  Not heard that one before, anyone else know ?
                  Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
                    Okay, now I just saw the issue at Borders yesterday. Has everyone else received theirs yet?
                    Havent received mine yet. If its at borders already, then I say just give it a week or two before we start complaining. I wish they would send the issues to members first like they did last year though.

I guess we'll find out soon since Borders is showing the new issues already.

Comment

The first post in this thread states:
                      Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                      While there will not be a gift with this issue, I've been told that they WILL still be doing free gifts with future issues, though it may not be with all new issues.
                      "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
                      That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
                      http://www.StartedByAMouse.com

Comment

I thought the mags were a Barnes and Noble exclusive?
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

um, whens the date it will be coming out?
                          Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Got it today. Seemed thinner than others. No gift. Good articles, same ol' same ol..

Comment

Originally posted by cruisedude4 View Post
                              Got it today. Seemed thinner than others. No gift. Good articles, same ol' same ol..
                              Also got mine today! Buzz Lightyear cover.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X