No announcement yet.

Studio Screenings

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Screenings

For those who have attended past screenings: what are they like? Should I bring money, food, drinks, a cameras, etc?

Re: Studio Screenings

I've attended a few myself, so here's what I have to say:

What it's like
    Fairly simple - you park your car, walk to the theater, check in, wait inside the theater. Prior to the movie, D23 cast members introduce the film, sometimes bringing people involved or historians to give some background to the movie. Sometimes, they'll even make some early announcements then. Like when I attended the Pollyana screening, they announced the Zorro event (which is this Saturday) way before they put it on their website. From there, the movie plays and that's pretty much it. If the screening mentioned a Q&A, this occurs after the movie.After the movie is done, guests have the opportunity to shop in the studio store where, which to me is like any other Disney Store except it features some CM exclusive items. In addition, they usually have D23 event exclusive merchandise on sale.

What to bring
    Money - If you want to shop around, money wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Food - I'm not sure about this one. The past screenigns I've seen, I never saw anybody bring food. For the Camp Rock 2 screening, they provided popcorn, but for any other event (50 and fabulous) which I've attended, no popcorn was provided.
    Drinks - Water was provided before, so I don't see a need to bring your own drinks. Not sure if theyll permit soda or any other beverage since it is a new theater and I'm sure they've got rules to try and keep it nice and clean.
    Camera - It's always nice to bring a camera. Usually they announce ahead of time when cameras will not be permitted. There are great photo opportunities if you've never been to the studio but once inside the theater, there's really nothing to photograph.

The etc - bring your member ID. To play it safe, bring a print out of your confirmation and also a government issued ID (or some other form of official ID like a school ID).

I hope that answers your question. Feel free to ask more if curious.

I wonder if I could bring someone other than my registered guest. She can't make it and I hate to waste the ticket.

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
        I wonder if I could bring someone other than my registered guest. She can't make it and I hate to waste the ticket.
        I'm sure you're ok. They don't even look at the names of the guests, just if you have one or not.

Re: Stores Not Open

At recent D23 events at the Studio Theater, the Disney Employee Center (to the left) and the Studio Store (to the right) have not been open. The D23 merchandise was sold at a table across from the entrance to the Studio Theater.

Water has not been provided at all of the events; I bring my own drinks and snacks.

The restrooms in the Studio Theater are very small; expect long lines!
          Mike L
          Premier Annual Passport
          D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
          '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
          '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
          '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
          '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
          '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
          '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

That's for the information. It has been really helpful. I'll probably bring my own bottle of water since sometimes my throat gets a little dry and I wouldn't want to start coughing and disturb everyone. I might give in and buy a set of those Epcot patches this time too.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.