• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo Arena Schedule Announced

Friday, August 19, 2011
    Saturday, August 20, 2011
    Sunday, August 21, 2011
    Tickets to the D23 EXPO are available at D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: D23 Expo Arena Schedule Announced

Can someone who has been to the last one tell us how difficult/ easy to get a seat in the Arena for these presentations? I am interested in both Disney Legends Ceremony and the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts sessions on Friday.

Comment

It's not difficult, just annoying. Definitely plan to wait in a long line and to surrender your phone AND camera. This is a long process but there are plenty of seats in the arena.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

To add to Coheteboy's answer, last year people started lining up early, like a couple of hours early, in a large area that was specifically sectioned off and set up with stanchions and rope to hold folks in line. So if it's a popular one, expect the same to happen. Like Coheteboy said, the Arena's huge, so after waiting in line and going through security and dropping off your cellphone and camera, you will find a seat. But depending on where you are when you get in line, adjust your seating expectations accordingly!

Looking at the sked, I'll be in line for the first three presentations. Not particularly interested in the last three.

Comment

Thanks for answering my question: How long ahead do you have to get in line? If I going to both presentations on Friday, plus waiting in line, does it mean I will be spending the whole day just for the presentations? If I don't care where I sit, can I get in without waiting for hours?

Comment

Originally posted by wishyouwell View Post
            Thanks for answering my question: How long ahead do you have to get in line? If I going to both presentations on Friday, plus waiting in line, does it mean I will be spending the whole day just for the presentations? If I don't care where I sit, can I get in without waiting for hours?
            In 2009 the lines started forming right away, soon after the main doors opened. Most people were willing to sit on a floor for a while to get a "good" seat, and once they figured out that one of the seats was the "lucky chair", with a certificate taped to the bottom for a free night in the Disneyland Suite, they wanted to be the first one into the Arena and have a shot at spotting it before anyone else could sit there.

Of all the Arena shows I attended, I never saw one completely packed. Full, yes -- but never to the point where they had to turn people away or where it was SRO. The Legends presentation was probably the busiest, followed by the Parks presentation. It just depends on what the crowd anticipation will be, I suppose.

The longest I waited in line was maybe 45 minutes, and I never had a bad seat.

Comment

D23 Schedule Announced

D23 Expo 2011: Disney Unleashes Arena Schedule - Marvel*Included - News - GeekTyrant

D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event

Disney has announced the arena schedule for D23 Expo 2011, which will include presentations by Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar and of course Marvel Studios. I imagine that this is the place where Disney and Marvel will go all out on showing off stuff from Joss Whedon's The AvengersFriday, August 19, 2011Saturday, August 20, 2011Sunday, August 21, 2011D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 EXPO, including the Disney Legends Ceremony, and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities. Admission is $47 for a one-day adult ticket and $37 for children 3-12. Three-day passes are $136 for adults and $106 for children. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will receive a discount for up to four admissions, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 EXPO for themselves and their guests.
              Just thought it should be included here.. but the parks presentation seems to be just Tom Staggs. If anyone else is attending, I guess they will announce it later.

Comment

I think the longest we waited in line for arena presentations was 45 minutes - 1 hour. For other smaller presentations however, we waited a couple of hours for some and even then didn't necessarily get in. (this was on the first day of the expo in 2009 before they handed out line cards) We're hoping that some of the other "line up" logistics have been worked out for this year.

However, even though we waited in many lines, we did not feel like we missed out on anything on the show floor. The extra hour in the morning for members was very helpful and helped us explore several pavilions with little to no wait.
                Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
                http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
                http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: D23 Schedule Announced

I love the fact that Marvel Comics is going to be there. Since the acquistition of Marvel, I have felt that they need to get the word out as to what they are to the Disney faithful.

Comment

I find it funny Quesada's being called respected and sought after in light of the infamous One More Day storyline he forced onto Spider-Man a few years back.
                    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                    sigpic
                    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                      I love the fact that Marvel Comics is going to be there. Since the acquistition of Marvel, I have felt that they need to get the word out as to what they are to the Disney faithful.
                      That is why Disney pulled out of Comicon this year.

Comment

I posted my photos from Day 1 of the first Expo on Flickr. You can start from the link below and move sequentially through the next few to see what shots I took over the course of standing in line. Towards the end you'll see the staging area that was set up with the stanchions and ropes.

I don't remember how long I stood in line, but I did get in line not long after I checked in early in the morning (you can look at the photos before this one to figure out how much time I likely spent before getting in line). But like mmeleota said, it was probably in the neighborhood of an hour.

In line for Bob Iger's Keynote Speech in the D23 Arena | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

Nothing too exciting yet for my money. I just want to hear about the future in of our resort.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                            Nothing too exciting yet for my money. I just want to hear about the future in of our resort.
                            I would love to hear too (sadly I won't be there) but the wording is interesting:

a special behind-the-scenes glimpse into some of the exciting projects currently underway at Disney's parks and resorts around the world.

Could mean nothing and I'm reading too much into it, but seems they are at least not promising anything new being announced.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Just like a few of you .. I'm also interested to hear about the future of the DLR. I'm not worried about not attending. In this day and age with people uploading "the latest" from their I-phones, Blackberries, etc. No question there'll be several people on behalf of Micechat updating this website with the latest .. if not simultaneously .. but by the evening. So, it will be - Like being there. So why bother giving Disney one dime?! LOL
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X