This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 live: Marvel

The Marvel presentation is rapidly filling up with crazed comic fans fighting for a seat. Over an hour before the event

The place had filled up to 3/4 capacity.

A pre-recorded message from Stan Lee introduces the event

Joe quesada arrives on stage, in a huge Mickey t shirt. Starting off with Cup 'o Joe. A series of panels with working artists.

Marvel has over 8,000 characters. What's makes a marvel character? They pride themselves on storytelling much like Disney. They also pride themselves on accessibility and community.

They have fans of all ages and shapes.

Joe Quesada is delivering the history

Joe has now shown all of the tags from the end of each Marvel film. Ironman to captain America, all had surprise ending scenes after the credits.

Joe was asked why there was no Marvel booth at d23. He said. "well those decisions are not made by us creative types. I honestly don't know." he excused it partially by saying this was their first d23.

What is the future like with marvel and the parks. He said , " there've been talks"

Micechats piratemunkee asks about Howard the Duck. "there have been talks internally with the 20th anniversary of the original movie coming up"

Keep refreshing. More to comes
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 08-21-2011, 10:35 AM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: D23 live: Marvel

One bit of Marvel news that I heard yesterday from pin designer Alex Maher is that there are currently no Marvel pins in the works. At least that he is aware of.

Comment

Marvel is a great brand on par with Disney and Pixar, its ashame that so many Disney fan are too closed-minded to accept them as part of the Disney family. I say bring Marvel into the parks! Im looking forward for the imagineers to tell us some new stories involving the Marvel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
        Marvel is a great brand on par with Disney and Pixar, its ashame that so many Disney fan are too closed-minded to accept them as part of the Disney family. I say bring Marvel into the parks! Im looking forward for the imagineers to tell us some new stories involving the Marvel universe.
        I think most Disney and Marvel fans would actually agree with you that they are a natural fit into the Disney family. The concern for them, however, is that the worlds in which the stories exist are so different that there really shouldn't be much crossover, and that includes the parks. Marvel's universe would make for AMAZING theme park attractions as designed by the talents at Disney, but they really deceive their own park(s) and not to be some sort of little boys' sideshow in the existin parks. My roommate is a diehard comics fan, loves Marvel, but also loves Disney and Disneyland. He wants to see Marvel kept out of Disneyland and built their own parks too, combining them in any way is a horrible idea to him.
        "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Marvel is a great brand on par with Disney and Pixar, its ashame that so many Disney fan are too closed-minded to accept them as part of the Disney family. I say bring Marvel into the parks!
          It's a shame that you have to label Disney fans as "closed minded" simply for having a different opinion than yours about Marvel in Disney parks. Many Disney fans who are also Marvel fans have written thoughtful, well-argued posts detailing the downside of having Marvel in Disney parks -- Dustysage among them. I say keep Marvel out of the parks, and in their own 3rd gate!
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Just got tweeted that there will be NO Marvel attractions until their licenses aren't renewed at Universal. Good luck with that. I say thank God! I'm one of those Disney/Marvel fans that realizes what an awful paring this would be in the parks.

Comment

^yes yes so says the guy that was also bought by Disney....your character getting chopped in half makes him the perfect fit for Disney too
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                It's a shame that you have to label Disney fans as "closed minded" simply for having a different opinion than yours about Marvel in Disney parks. Many Disney fans who are also Marvel fans have written thoughtful, well-argued posts detailing the downside of having Marvel in Disney parks -- Dustysage among them. I say keep Marvel out of the parks, and in their own 3rd gate!
                If MiceChat exsisted back before Star Tours and Indy, you'd all be complaining about how those franchises dont belong in Disneyland too. Its a good thing Disney doesnt listen to that type of thing because we ended up with 2 classic Disneyland attractions. Open your mind to Marvel and perhaps the next Marvel attraction will be just as great as Indy and Star Tours.

And yea I have heard the "thoughtful/well argued" posts about how bad Marvel would be for Disneyland, one of the biggest complaints is that Marvel is too violent. Yet these same people have NO problem with Pirates extorting and looting, these people also have no problem with the violent Indiana Jones films (ie: the guy that gets his heart ripped out of his chest in Temple of Doom). These types of concepts and films are not violent for Disneyland but Marvel is. Its a ridiculous argument.
                Last edited by BuenaVista28; 08-21-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

^people still are against it........believe me there are MANY types of fans and most have memories of what Disney they went to and thats what they ALWAYS want so when something new comes along that THEY dont like they tell us how it does not fit when in theory Pirates does not fit any more than Marvel or Star Wars
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                    Just got tweeted that there will be NO Marvel attractions until their licenses aren't renewed at Universal. Good luck with that. I say thank God! I'm one of those Disney/Marvel fans that realizes what an awful paring this would be in the parks.
                    Completely agree! Adding the Marvel superhero universe into the Parks would end up diluting both brands. It's already somewhat of a "huh?" moment for me when I see Marvel products being sold in the Parks. It mentally pulls me "outside the berm".

Comment

Open your mind to Marvel and perhaps the next Marvel attraction will be just as great as Indy and Star Tours.
                      Again, it's unfortunate that you need to label those who have a different opinion than yours on this issue as "closed minded."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Again, it's unfortunate that you need to label those who have a different opinion than yours as "closed minded."
                        It IS closedminded, we have NO idea what type of attraction they will build around the Marvel universe. We literally know nothing about it, yet people are just "against it". That (in my opinion) is closed minded, I stand by my comment.

Comment

^Im not saying we should label but he's got a point.....you say Marvel wont work with out seeing a plan? What would you call that?
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It's a shame that you have to label Disney fans as "closed minded" simply for having a different opinion than yours about Marvel in Disney parks.
                            Actually the term close-minded means not knowing of. Most Disney fans do not like Marvel simpley because they do not know enough about the brand which you had admitted to me before in a debate. Opinions are one thing, but ignorance is another.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                              Actually the term close-minded means not knowing of. Most Disney fans do not like Marvel simpley because they do not know enough about the brand which you had admitted to me before in a debate. Opinions are one thing, but ignorance is another.
                              No, it doesn't.

From the American Heritage Dictionary:

close-minded adj. Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X