• Show
Clear All

• 'Spider-Man The Musical'

Spider-Man Musical
    Could Reach Broadway in 2009

By Andrew Gans
    Playbill
    23 Sep 2008

The new Julie Taymor musical Spider-Man could arrive on Broadway as early as 2009, according to a report on IESB.net.

The film website says that Marvel chairman David Maisel announced Sept. 22 at the Thomas Weisel Consumer Conference in New York that he hopes the new musical based on the famed comic strip will be on the boards in 2009.

Lion King Tony winner Taymor will direct Spider-Man, which features a score by Bono and The Edge of U2. No casting, theatre or timetable has been announced.

As previously reported, the comic giant Marvel Entertainment will share producing credits with Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle and Martin McCallum.
    'Spider-Man The Musical' - 10/9/07

http://micechat.com/forums/theatre/8...n-musical.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Spider-Man The Musical'

I don't like this idea.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Comment

Ok, I thought The Addams Family being a musical (discussed on another thread) was a cool idea, but a singing Spider Man? No thanks. To each his own I guess.

Comment

spiderman rocks...

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

I trust this project ONLY because Julie Taymor is at the helm. We all know how Lion King turned out, so I'm fairly certain that the show will be visually stunning, if nothing else.
          KABLAM!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X