This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musically Inclined MICECHATTERS

I'd like to see who else out in the MiceChat universe is musically inclined. Do you play an instrument or sing or anything of the sorts? If so, what do you do, how long have you been doing it, have you been in a band, would you like to be in one, etc etc.

(Just fyi, all you Guitar Hero and Rock Band high-scorers out there, we're talking about REAL musical talent )

As for me...

I've been programming music (ACID Pro) since 1999
    I play bass guitar, although I'm not that fantastic at it and I no longer own one (although I'd like to get one, again).
    I currently play keyboard (I own a KORG TR-61). The ex lead singer of Four Star Youth and I are currently putting a band together with him on vocals and myself behind the keys (we're LA/OC based if you're interested).
    Last edited by Jon Autopsy; 11-09-2008, 08:48 PM.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

re: Musically Inclined MICECHATTERS

I used to play the clarinet. I loved it. I still can play it, as in I know how, but I now have tendinitis in my right arm so it's to painful to play.

I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano.

Comment

Started playing violin in elementary school through high school. Pick it up once in a while, not too often.

Have been involved in some sort of choir since elementary school.

The past year I've been teaching myself guitar. I'm getting better.
      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I'm neither musically enclined, or inclined

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
          (Just fyi, all you Guitar Hero and Rock Band high-scorers out there, we're talking about REAL musical talent )
          Aww, man!

You mean getting 130,000 points on Expert on Hotel California isn't being musically inclined?
          MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
          (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

I started voice lessons when I was 5. All my life I have struggled with worrying about people thinking I was stuck up for admitting I'm pretty good so right now, call me stuck up, but I'm damn good

3 parts soild. I call myself a mezzo sopi, but I can sing tenor, alto, sopi. I used to sing to a F above staff, but no longer, I'm WAY out of pratice, so now I'm only at a D above staff ah ell so is life, maybe I'll get back into the real stuff someday not just singing with the radio.

Comment

In order of which they happened:

-Mickey Mouse snare drum with one drum stick (toddler)
              -Piano (early grade school)
              -Trumpet (late grade school)
              -Baritone / Euphonium (8th grade onwards)
              -Bass Trombone (Freshman college)
              -Euphonium (onwards)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I sing, and just like krystledm, I am a mezzo soprano. I haven't had a voice lesson in 2 years and you can tell. But everyday, I do scales in the shower and practice my annunciation.

Instruments:
                - Clarinet
                - Bass clarinet
                - Flute
                - Piccolo
                - Bass guitar
                - Guitar

This makes me miss marching band again

Comment

I play piano, electric bass and French horn. Right now, I'm second horn in the Austin Symphony and I've also been getting to sub some in the revival of South Pacific that's at Lincoln Center here in NY.

Comment

I've been playing piano for 23 years now. Dabbled in guitar, but nothing special there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I've been playing Bass for almost 20 years.

Well, I guess I should say 15 as I haven't played in about 5 years. But I'm sure I could pick it up quickly again.

I also used to play Drums, Guitar and Piano.

Comment

I've never had voice lessons. But I've been told I sound like Stephanie Mills. For you youngins' look her up on youtube. Look for the song "Home" Its from the movie "The Wiz" Thats my fave song to sing. Very soulful but not like some who starts yelling ( I hate that) just kind of effortless. Its a nice gift to have.
                        " It takes a lot of courage to love with your whole heart something that you know is temporary."
                        - Nyree Emory(dear friend)

Comment

I have a M.Mus. degree. Was a music teacher early in my teaching career, sung in many choirs and ensembles since I was little, occasionally directed. A couple of barbershop quartets. Even did some small roles in musical theater.
                          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                          sigpic

Comment

I play Piano, drums, ok Bass and my first love Guitar.

I've been in a few bands, mostly through high-school into my early and mid twenties. Released an EP locally. Got a chance to open for The Nitty Gritty Dirt band and Billy Joe Royal ("Down in the Boondocks), but since 2000 i have not played live except for friends' parties and campfires.

I still fool around on my Fender strat, SRV limited edition with TEX-Mex pickups and a Gretsch wide body SparkleJet.
                            "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

I play Clarinet and Sax. I also know a little Piano. When he grows up, he wants to be a big one. XD

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X