This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phantom of the Opera

So, I just bought tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater for this January. Anyone else going to go see it? I'm super excited to finally see this production. I've been wanting to see it for forever now.

Re: The Phantom of the Opera

I love the movie Phantom of the Opera, I've never seen the play but I'm sure it's very good.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
      I love the movie Phantom of the Opera, I've never seen the play but I'm sure it's very good.
      Same here. The movie is a top 5 favorite of mine. But i've never been able to see it performed live as of yet. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Seen it seven times in a few different cities, The Pantages is an excellent choice. Enjoy!
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I don't know if I could contain myself in a theater. I watched it on DVD and I was yelling at the TV, "Leave the theater!! If the crazy phantom is in the theater get the heck out!!" haha!

My best score ever!

Comment

Thanks! I know I'll enjoy it! I got seats in Mezzanine Left Center row E, which were the best I could find. Both times I saw Wicked at the Pantages I was in Mezz row B, and I could see fine. I try to tell myself that 3 rows back isn't all that far.
            And for those who've seen Phantom at the Pantages (I believe it was there in '97), how does the chandelier move? Does it go out and up to the ceiling? I've read stories about how smaller theaters can't accommodate a chandelier and they resort to just pulling it straight up without going foward first. The Pantages already has it's own huge chandelier, how would they do Phantom's chandelier?

Comment

Don't spoil it for yourself or others, just enjoy!

But if you really want to experience truly crazy chandelier action, see 'Phantom' at The Venetian in Las Vegas.
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

asdfghjkl;'
                lots of phantom ads in this thread..

and one for the sequel!! in las vegas!

XD

Comment

You'll love it. I have had the pleasure of seeing it twice, one of those was at the Pantages. It has always been a very special play to me, I have had most of the dialogue and all of the songs memorized since I was 10!

Enjoy it!
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

For some reason, I just never liked this play. So, go with an open mind, but don't be upset if it doesn't live up to your expectations either.

It's a definite meh to me, live theater is better than no theater also.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I loved it when I saw it a few years ago in NYC. Have fun!
                      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I saw it about 14 years ago in NYC. It had Michael Crawford and Sara Brightmen(sp?). Loved it! I went to see it on our Junior high band trip to New York. I just love all the music from that play. I usually cry at the end.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, saw it at PANTAGES too and absolutely loved it. Have a great time!!

Comment

I saw it when it came to Tampa back in 2000. I was actually disappointed and underwhelmed.

Comment

We saw it at the Pantages back in 1997. Were going again in February.

The Pantages is an amazing place to see shows.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X