X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatles catalog digitally re-mastered for 1st time relased 9/9/09

Full press release at:
    Apple Corps Ltd.?/ EMI Music :: The Beatles' Entire Original Recorded Catalogue Remastered by Apple Corps Ltd. and EMI Music for Worldwide Release on September 9, 2009 (9-9-09)
    Last edited by ALIASd; 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM. Reason: sp
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Beatles catalog digitally re-mastered for 1st time relased 9/9/09

Thats cool, I know some one on here who will be looking forward to this.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

9/9/09 is gonna be a huge day for Beatlemania... The Beatles Rock Band will be released, too. Can't wait.
      -Tim

Comment

thanks for the head-ups...
        just do what you think...

Comment

Finally, as is common with today's music, overall limiting - to increase the volume level of the CD
          This has been a problem with a lot of recent re-masters. It tends to remove all subtlety, nuance and dynamic range. Leaving only LOUD. Sounds o.k. when driving at 70 miles and hour with the windows open and the top down, but gets very fatiguing to the ear on a nice home system.

What am I talking about anyway, most of the resto work will be lost when encoded for iTunes anyway.

Comment

They're going to bring out a rockband/guitar hero game around the same time with just beatles songs
            :S

Comment

How were they remastered the last time? Sounds like a giant sucking sound from my wallet. When my current CDs break, I'll get new ones.

Comment

I absolutely cannot wait for these. The current catalog CD's sound like crap. I cannot stand the stereo gimmick they have right now. Finally we get the original mono versions!

Comment

The original catalog was released as it should have been the first time around on CD, with the early releases in mono as they were released on LP, and the later releases in stereo.

I wouldn't mind a little de-hissing for the re-releases, but re-editing and audio limiting should not be done.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X